• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

error: couldn't find required item at path...

New Here ,
Nov 30, 2016 Nov 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I got 2 error codes and now my project is corrupted.

I had just deleted an audio track and a lip sync track. As I was going to redo it. And without changing anything else this error popped up.

Cheers

Capture.PNGCapture2.PNG

TOPICS
Bugs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 01, 2016 Dec 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you go to Window > History and roll back to before you deleted those changes, does it help?

The .arf files are special data files CH makes and uses to remember recordings - so the fact it can't find it seems strange, like it didn't finish making the file or something.

Is there any chance you are saving this to a cloud folder? We have had some issues in the past of people saving these files to places like Google Drive or Dropbox.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2016 Dec 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply.
I did try rolling back, but I still get some error messages with different scenes within the project.
I am using the same photoshop puppet for all my scenes and also for different saved versions of the project.
Could this be an issue?

Is it possible to keep the same rigging set up, but replace the puppet with a new psd file?
Capture3.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 03, 2017 Feb 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting the same error ("couldn't find required item at project path /.Recordings/Recordings/2017-02-02/take 08_21_14 pm.arf"). It occurs every time I open my file now, and several of my scenes won't play anymore. You can still see the actions that are recorded, but the puppet is missing from the view and they won't play.

Per response from oksamurai to original reporter, yes, I have my project saved to Dropbox, so maybe that's the issue. I'll save future projects to my hard drive instead while I'm working on them, then copy to Dropbox when I'm done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 15, 2017 Feb 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello yoyoemmyjo@gmail.com,

Were you able to solve your issue by following the steps from OkaySamurai above? Let us know if you are still running into the same error and need further assistance.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 15, 2017 Feb 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Meredith - I still get the same error when I open up the original project where the error occured. It seems the file is corrupted now and some of the scenes won't play anymore. But I rebuilt the project and saved it on my hard drive (instead of to Dropbox) and I haven't gotten the error again yet. Now I just try to remember to save a backup copy of my project to Dropbox once a week so I don't lose it. I think Oksamurai was correct that it has to do with saving to a cloud drive. Would prefer to be able to save directly to Dropbox if the bug can be solved in the future, but for now I'm OK with the workaround. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 04, 2017 May 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TIP: I now still use Dropbox to save all my files, but I just Pause Syncing to Dropbox while working in Character Animator. Then when I'm done, I resume syncing to backup my files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2020 Nov 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Everyone -- I figured out the solution to this problem.

A previous version of your puppet is armed in an older project you've made.  You have to go back and either unarm the puppet or delete those older projects that the same puppet appears in.  That's why like OkaySamuri says, it's acting like it's not quite finished making the scene.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines