• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I fix this eye issue (CH) Character Animator

Explorer ,
Jul 13, 2019 Jul 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using a free puppet character called Tull from https://character.adobelanding.com/puppets/

I am trying to use the eyes only, but I'm having an issue to get them to blink. I did it three different ways to get it to blink. I even did a custom blink that made worst. How can I fix this issue?

eye issue.PNGeye issue 2.PNG

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

[Comments is to ask about the operation of the Forum, not a specific program]

[Moved from the Comments forum to the specific Program forum... Mod]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m transferring the Tull eyes to my character

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tull's blinks are handled in a more complicated way than usual, because of the way his many expressions are controlled with his Expressions swap set.

Typical blinking method (e.g. Blank Face example) is done by having the layers tagged Left/Right Blink at the same level (i.e. in the same group) as the eyes that you want to hide when the blinks are shown. In other words, when Face triggers the blink-tagged layers, it acts like Hide Others in Group When Triggered is turned on. In the Blank Face example, that means the Left Pupil group and Left Eyeball layer are hidden when Left Blink is triggered by Face (when you blink):

Tull uses a more complicated scheme. There's a Lids group that is controlled by the Expressions swap set. The pupil and white part of the eyeball is always there (never hidden) underneath whichever Lid is chosen by the swapset. Note that the Default trigger in the Expressions swap set is the Shut State group. The blink-tagged layers (groups, actually, as they are 3-frame animations with Cycle Layers applied) are isolated into this Shut State group. Since there are no other layers in there, triggering them via Face (when you blink) doesn't hide anything else, effectively disabling the method that Blank Face uses.

So if you want to have the same expressive range as Tull, I think you'll want to set up an Expressions swap set that works like Tull's. If you share your puppet here I can get you started.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 14, 2019 Jul 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Email? It won't let me on here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the advice BTW

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I send you a message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 30, 2019 Jul 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

I am locking this discussion as there is duplicate discussion thread created which seems to be resolved. Need help to fix this small issue (CH) CHaracter Animator

Let us know if you need anything else.

Thanks,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines