• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Kinect One / External cameras with Character Animator

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way for Character Animator to detect a Kinect One sensor or any external camera's such as DSLR or GOPro for motion capture?

Thx!

TOPICS
Camera , Feature requests , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no special support - it basically hooks up to camera devices that the OS knows about. But cameras have different features and drivers, and I do recall some cameras not working. So I would not race out and buy a camera before making sure it works. The Kinect One I have no idea if there is a camera driver for it. That one I have less confidence about. DSLR / GoPro I have more confidence that the maker of the device will have a camera device driver available for their camera.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mahmouds. What is your intended use of a DSLR hook up to CH? If it is quality of the lens over a regular web cam than we might discuss that. Being a Videographer I find that in close up situation both are acceptable. If you are aiming for depth of field, then that is totally different. Be well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ch is designed to work with a webcam.  If your DSLR, GOPro or other device has a driver that allows it to present as a webcam then it should work with Ch.

So for example, Canon recently released a webcam utility that does this:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/self-help-center/eos-webcam-utility/

-G.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines