• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Layers not in the same place despite the layer properties

Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2019 Jan 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have two layers from my PS file. They are in the same place in my PS file and the X and Y coordinate in CH on the layer are the same but in the Rigging and Record - they are in different locations.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 18, 2019 Jan 18, 2019

I don’t know for sure, but sometimes CH wants layers inside a group, even if only one thing in the group. E.g. all your “Bottoms” are direct layers (no group) and so cannot have the crown (independence) turned on. Because the are no independent, the “dependence group” as I call it is the merge of all the things (shown or hidden). As a result, you notice the yellow bounding box is not following the contour of the object? I am wondering if it is getting confused for some reason, with different ori

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share the rigging hierarchy for you puppet?

E.g. I am wondering if they both at the root level of your artwork file, and so effectively two puppets in the same file, each with its own origin. Normally you create a character at the root (e.g. “Chloe”) and put all the artwork under that.

A screen shot of the rigging panel may help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Argh! actually not fixed - I just looked at the wrong layer. Screen shots attached.

FROM PS:

Screen Shot 2019-01-18 at 10.09.25 PM.png

FROM CA:

Screen Shot 2019-01-18 at 10.08.26 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I rebooted my computer and reset all of my puppets and it seems to now be aligning. I have multiple copies of the layer elements within each hierarchy (ie multiple Body BG layers that I toggle on and off when I need to create variations of the puppet.

Weird - perhaps it was a lag issue or some sort of a glitch but it seems to be okay now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don’t know for sure, but sometimes CH wants layers inside a group, even if only one thing in the group. E.g. all your “Bottoms” are direct layers (no group) and so cannot have the crown (independence) turned on. Because the are no independent, the “dependence group” as I call it is the merge of all the things (shown or hidden). As a result, you notice the yellow bounding box is not following the contour of the object? I am wondering if it is getting confused for some reason, with different origin positions based on centroids of the artwork.

Bottom line - a suggestion to try (with no idea why you should need to do this but just suggesting things) is to put a group around each child of Bottoms. E.g. turn ”Body BD Shorts Brown” into “+Body BD Shorts Brown” group around “Body BD Shorts Brown”. Then you should get the children of Bottoms to be independent.  Maybe try a few and see if that makes a difference. You can then adjust the origin marker of those layers if necessary.

But I am not sure why what you have is not working - just suggesting possible lines of investigation. I never like the yellow outline being like you show - it messes up warping. I think the multiple optional layers (including hidden ones) is too confusing - using the crowns for independence I think will reduce the scope and get the contours right....

Oh, in the rigging panel, did you try just dragging things back into position By the way? Worth a shot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2019 Jan 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the suggestions. I did end up dragging the elements - kinda weird and a little risky as they need to all be in the exact same position and I can’t confirm as now the x and y coordinates are different even though they are in the same place!

The yellow bounding box captures the external boundaries of all of the elements of the puppet so I am okay with that.

Today I added in new layers in my PS file and they lined up the same way as the original layers so it seems that only the layers I added yesterday were affected.

I’l try the grouping thing but I expect it is a weird PS/CH glitch, maybe affected by synching across google drive.

Thank you so much for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines