Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Midi Akai Apc Mini Sliders problem

Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2019 Feb 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I´m so noob using this program but i tried to do some animations with Ch. Is very good this program but i have a question.

I have the Akai Apc Mini Midi Keyboard:

https://www.google.com/search?q=akai+apc+mini+software&rlz=1C1CHBF_esES832ES832&source=lnms&tbm=isch...

With this midi keyboard i can use the triggers with the square buttons so easy, but when i try use the sliders with the Character Animator doesn´t work.

I don´t know if Character animator has a programable editor of buttons for Midi or exist another software compatible with my Akai Apc.

Many thanks,

David M.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 04, 2019 Feb 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you describe how you are trying to use the slider? What parameter are you trying to control?

Also, no, there is no midi editor in CH (midi channel etc.).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2019 Feb 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mre8,

I'm trying use the sliders in a animation frame by frame (named 1 to 7 and another one default in the same folder) and I'm trying to use in a movement to change the x ans y position too and doesn't work neither

Character animator only recognize the buttons because appears press button Midi.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just gave this a go with the Behringer X-Touch controller. Both functions worked fine... moving x position and layer picker index at the same time and separately with the fader.

I have had weird midi issues with Akai controllers before. Sometimes, a pad or slider is not sending the message I would expect. I would get some software that monitors incoming midi information to find out what message that slider is sending. Problem is most likely there.

Using Mac or Windows?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just wanted to confirm I use sliders to change X and Y position successfully. Are you sure the sliders are generating midi events? I assume you are using the control panel to assign the control events to the right sliders? (I will admit I was doing it the funky way - I have a VR controller generating the MIDI control events so I can wave my hand around to control the puppet‘S hand.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2019 Feb 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi guys,

Thank you to everyone. The problem was the drivers but now the sliders work correctly.

Regards,

David M

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines