• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

moving behaviors from one puppet to another

Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

all tutorials say i can easily use chracteritics (behaviors) from character animator puppets and move them into a character i created in photoshop but ther are no detaled instructions how to do that/ foe example- i want to borrow from a puppet named sticky into my original puppet. can you tell me step by step what to do?

TOPICS
Puppet movement

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two approaches come to mind. The most reliable (and old) way, import existing puppet and edit its artwork file. Do not rename layers too much as rigging can be lost (eg renaming root layer might lose everything... not sure). Importing puppet makes a copy of everything.

Second newer way that i have less experience with is adobe over the years have been adding more copy and paste support in the menu. Try selecting a behavior and seeing if copy is enabled in menu to see what you can copy (and therefore paste).

I don't do either often - i just rig it all from scratch, but i rarely use profiles or walk behavior so rigging is pretty easy generally for what i do. I just rig from scratch each time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thank you so much. I tried to do what you suggested but it did not work well with the adjusted layers, anyway, I'll try again or continue doing it from scratch (somehow mouth syncing is not working for me.. but hey, I'm a beginner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines