• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My arms and hands

New Here ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to change the right hand for default, point and flip. When I went to change the left hand the point and flip were detached from the arm in animator but not detached in illustrator. So it looked correct in one but not the other. Then, as I was making adjustments to the left hand trying to correct the issue I go back to the animator rigging screen and the right arm is detached. Anyone have any thoughts? I have included some screetshots to show what I am seeing. Thank you.

TOPICS
Puppet movement , Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are not careful, you can move layers inside ch - it remembers the offsets. I don't know how to reset this when done. I am wondering if you accidentally dragged something inside CH (e.g. instead of scrolling in rigging view it dragged instead, moving the layer). 

You can either select the layer and try to drag it back in ch, or reimport the illustrator image. If not much rigging done, i personally do the latter (keep old puppet, but start a new one). I have had weird things happen after dragging layers which i never pinned down, so i just avoid them. Eg if center of origin moves, all the sticks and handles can be offset as well, needing them all adjusted. I just start again to make sure everything is"clean".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After your insight, I did go back into rigging and tool a look at where things were. I made some group adjustments by dragging the "arm" group back into place as well as I adjusted the triggers on the left hand by dragging them as well when activated. I am fairly new to this process so I appreciate the help. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines