• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My character is glitching for no reason, was working then randomly started glitching layers

Community Beginner ,
Sep 05, 2021 Sep 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My characters layers are glitching randomly with no sense of pattern or cause as everything was working fine seconds ago then it just started glitching in record mode. I'm extremely frusterated because i'm working on a project with a deadline and when I pay for premium professional expensive software I expect it to work unless i'm doing something wrong which i'm not because the glitching results aren't even consistent. Withot changing the .AI file the glitch switched to making the legs and arms disapear then switched back to making the face or eye white parts disapear during different head turns. Also if you look in the video I attached some of the individual layers in the mouths are being seperately glitched. That's partially how I know this isn't a normal problem. I just bought this iMac 2021 (Apple chipset) a few days ago, not sure if that could be the cause it's been working great on this computer for 2 days since I got it. I might just redo the file as it's not that big of a deal and reboot my computer as force quiting the program and all others running and reopening it didn't fix it.

TOPICS
Bugs , Crash , Freeze or hang , Puppet movement

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 07, 2021 Sep 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used translation software to turn English into Japanese.

Maybe it's because your puppet's face layer is set to off?
So when you move the face with the head turner, the face disappears.
Please check it out.
Thanks.

https://youtu.be/LZ3LVHfupmE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 08, 2021 Sep 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It doesn't have anything to do with the new computer, it looks like standard rigging issues. Could you please File > Export > Puppet and share it as a link (Creative Cloud, Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.) so I could take a closer look?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines