Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Puppet not showing in Scene

New Here ,
Jan 09, 2022 Jan 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been editing puppets purchased online from electropuppet.com

The puppet will sometimes show up when I change to Record mode to check how they look when moving, but sometimes, and increasingly often, they are not showing up at all, I just have a blank scene. It is happening with different puppets and different projects. They are all working fine at first and I am not adjusting settings in Character Animator at all, only the Illustrator files. Any hints?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 10, 2022 Jan 10, 2022

I wonder if its profiles - do you have a "frontal" profile? It switches between the different profiles, where frontal is the "default" one. Just wondering if its trying to display a frontal profile and not finding one, or some other swapset - I would check for triggers on artwork.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 10, 2022 Jan 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you provide screenshots? It might give a hint. Example reasons:

• If you expand the bounds of the artwork, it can get the center confused and things drift sideways when you edit them
  • You can scale puppets in a scene - I would check they are scaled correctly and positioned correctly.
  • You can scale the view as well - make sure you have not zoomed in (or out) or something by accident. Reset to "fit" in the scene panel.
  • You are using a camera and its moved off somewhere strange (so you cannot see the puppet any more). Try muting the camera track if you have one.

But these are just guesses. Screenshots might help work it out (grab the whole screen)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your thoughts. I have checked all of these things out as that is the only existing advice I could find.

Attaching screenshots of Rig, Record and Illustrator setup when opened directly from Character Animator.
Note that his hands are in different positions, I feel like when it was working, the character would look the same as my latest save in Illustrator...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if its profiles - do you have a "frontal" profile? It switches between the different profiles, where frontal is the "default" one. Just wondering if its trying to display a frontal profile and not finding one, or some other swapset - I would check for triggers on artwork.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2022 Jan 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is the thing!

I switched Standing Profiles instead of Left/Right Quarter in the Rig section and they are now showing up.

Thanks so much for your help Alank99101739, you are indeed a legend 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2022 Jan 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

fix.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines