• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recorded Triggers gone after creating shareable puppet

Participant ,
Mar 18, 2019 Mar 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if this is how it is intended to function...

I recorded triggers for a layer of a puppet then made the layer shareable. When I returned to the timeline, the recorded triggers no longer were named and had question marks.

The triggers of the original layer no longer show when the root puppet layer is selected, but do show when I select the layer I that I had made into a shareable puppet.

The shareable puppet also shows the triggers I created when I select it.

I think I'm not clear what is happening when I create a shareable from a layer.

thx

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 20, 2019 Mar 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Making a puppet sharable lets you re-use that part in other puppets or add additional copies into the hierarchy of the puppet from which it originated.

Unfortunately, triggers cannot span different shared puppets (the original puppet is also "shared"; really all shared means is that the puppet shows up in the Project panel as a top level item that can be used in other places).

When making a part shareable, Character Animator tries to keep your triggers operational by copying the triggers and swapsets to the shared puppets where the layers referenced by those triggers live. If this causes the triggers on the original puppet to become empty because they no longer have any of the layers for those triggers, it removes them (making the split a "move" operation on the triggers and swapsets).

This is why the recordings have question marks. The triggers to which they refer no longer exist.

With some convoluted gymnastics, you may be able to cut/paste those trigger takes in timeline onto the new triggers behavior for the shared part. If there aren't very many takes, it might not be worth the headaches, but I can certainly explain it there's enough recordings that you want to try to port over to the new behavior.

DT

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 12, 2020 Jan 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Dan, a related question, why the shareable puppets when added back into a puppet reset their position when editing the original file in Ai?

and I mean a very subtle edit like tweaking the colors and save?

Let's say I made an arm a shareable puppet, then I added it back in the different views, change its position, now if I go back to the source file, tweaked anything let's say I changed the hair colors then save, CH will reset all the positions of the shareable puppet and the arms will go back to the center view??

what's weird is that this does not happen to all copies, it is not like a rule, some stay as u left them and some reset!

any advice about that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines