• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recording Issue - Adobe Character Animator CC 2018

New Here ,
Aug 23, 2018 Aug 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a puppet.  The animation works, however when I go to record, it only wants to record a small rectangle in the middle of the screen (my puppets waist) instead of my whole puppet.  I cannot figure out how to fix this.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 24, 2018 Aug 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without any system information and other details liek the project configuration nobody can tel lyou much. Simply sounds liek your hardware is inadequate to support full resolution realtime playback.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 25, 2018 Aug 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Discussion successfully moved from Adobe Creative Cloud to Character Animator

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have probably scaled the scene window to show the puppet, rather than scaled the puppet down to fit the scene. Check the scene width and height, then check the video dimensions - just to make sure nothing crazy going on there. Then set the scene window scaling factor to “fit”, then in the  timeline panel select the puppet and go to “transform” behavior for the puppet and change the “scale” property to say 10% to see if it helps. Then report back if you still have problems. Screen shots can help. Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Note: I normally have the puppet bigger and scale it down because then I can zoom in on the face without losing resolution. So a big puppet is not wrong - it is my default. You just need to scale the puppet down for full body shots.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree with Alan. FYI There are a lot of basics that need to be written down somewhere. So here is my suggestion:

1. Even if it is a plain colored background-develop it in AI or photoshop and make a scene. I like Adobe Illustrator(AI) because it gives a whole bunch of default sizes. Personally, I prefer the 1080 dp (1920 X 1080)  because it is an industry standard and it's my experience that doing things "top of the line" saves you time later when it gets changed to something better. Set the scene view to 100%. You can change it later. It's the blue percentage sign on the bottom right of the screen.

2. Import your puppet into the scene and figure out what size you want it to be.  Then decide on how you want to see the screen size-I prefer 150%, after I've set the size for the puppet. Your puppet then has to be recorded. The first things I record are X(back and forth)  Y (up and down) and Scale (its size). That sets where the puppet is going to start the scene. The default is everything in the middle, and the puppet at 100%. But many times you will want the puppet to walk from one side to another.

Good luck. -Sharon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines