• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scaling a (.ai) puppet in Ch without lines scaling? (otherwise scaling a rig?)

Explorer ,
Oct 22, 2018 Oct 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So due to my own shortsightedness, i have a few puppets that weren't to scale in relation to one another when importing.

When i scale them in Ch everything scales, is there a on/off way to stop the lines scaling whilst puppet scales like in illustrator?

Alternatively, scaling them in illustrator will take seconds, but then all my rigging will have to be redone.

Is there a way to scale the rigging to spread them out again to the re-scaled puppet or do i just need to suck it up and redistribute them all again haha.

Cheers

Rob

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Oct 23, 2018 Oct 23, 2018

Yeah that's what i used before... but when i have a puppet say 1000px high and one 700px high, and the 700px should actually be 400px for relative scale, the stroke weight doesn't match.

All good but, it just dawned on me as i was replying haha!

Thankfully i kept them as live strokes so i can just play a bit of hit and miss and lower/raise the stroke weight in illustrator and auto-sync till they match visually in character animator haha.

Lesson learnt but, serves me right for rushing into rigging

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Oct 22, 2018 Oct 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you looked at the “Transform” behavior on puppets? It has a Scale property. Each puppet gets Transform by default. You can then scale each puppet individually a scene. Is this what you need?

Otherwise, yes, suck It up and re-rig everything. But I think the Scale property of Transform might do the trick for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 23, 2018 Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah that's what i used before... but when i have a puppet say 1000px high and one 700px high, and the 700px should actually be 400px for relative scale, the stroke weight doesn't match.

All good but, it just dawned on me as i was replying haha!

Thankfully i kept them as live strokes so i can just play a bit of hit and miss and lower/raise the stroke weight in illustrator and auto-sync till they match visually in character animator haha.

Lesson learnt but, serves me right for rushing into rigging up such a broad range of animals

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 23, 2018 Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, that makes sense. Small changes can use scaling, but I understand what you mean by lines now. Sorry! Re-rigging it is!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines