Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scene from character animator into adobe after effects as a vector

Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2020 Apr 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm havig trouble importing my scene from character aimator into adobe after effects as a vector. I made my puppet on illustrator the made sure to check the box to make him a vector in character animator. Perhaps it is the way I am importing my scene of the puppet into Affter Effects that is the problem.

Most tutorials on youtube have taught me to make the scene from character animator into a bunch of PNG pics and import it like this.

pic 1.JPG

But when I try to copy them I do not have the same "New Comp from Character animator recording" option that they do. Here is the options I get.

unnamed.jpg

So instead I simply drag my scene from character animator into affter effect but when I do this I have no option to check the little box to make it seen as vectors:

unnamed.jpg

I am able to check this vector box when I import something directly from illustrator such as a background. But I can't seem to import something from character animator as a vector since I can't check that box.

Any help would be much appriciated. 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 19, 2020 Apr 19, 2020

I think dynamic link is always as bitmaps, not vectors. So basically do all scaling you can inside CH, not AE, if you want good video quality. (I personally use Ch with AE as little as possible to avoid this and performance problems.)

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 19, 2020 Apr 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think dynamic link is always as bitmaps, not vectors. So basically do all scaling you can inside CH, not AE, if you want good video quality. (I personally use Ch with AE as little as possible to avoid this and performance problems.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines