• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Should I use Animate or After Affects for creating an animation with my Character Animator puppets?

Explorer ,
Jan 27, 2023 Jan 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm wondering if CA is versatile enough for me to make a short animation (for a wedding proposal)... Dave/Okay Samurai in his videos sometimes talks about importing puppets to AE and animating backgrounds and everything else in there.

Will the manipulation tools in CA restrict what i will be able to do? There will be several scenes, some with trippy effects like warping into a portal or something.

If CA isn't good enough what would you recommend out of AE of AA?

TOPICS
FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should be able to use Dynamic Link to import your output into After Effects and then use all of the tools in there. If necessary, you can create some scenes in Adobe Animate and import them into After Effects as well and mix everything together.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it necessary though? I know it's easy to import puppets etc but i've read that there is a fairly steep learning curve for AE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 28, 2023 Jan 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think it might be to be honest... i'm starting to set scenes up and other things i want my puppet to interact with and i'm hitting walls straight away (like no reverse clipping mask)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines