Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Virtual Camera is not detected bei Character Animator

New Here ,
Jan 29, 2022 Jan 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I have a problem with character animator. I have to work in homeoffice and we use a VMhorizon client. This client offers live audio/video support which works fine in any other program like teams etc.. In character animator, only the audio support works fine. When i open the console <CameraTracker> <5> No Cameras Available. is displayed. Is there any possibility to solve this problem?

Best

Sebastian

TOPICS
Camera

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 31, 2022 Jan 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not clear on your situation. What I do know is that CH doesn't like to share the camera, so you need to close all other apps before starting CH. If you need to stream using CH, there is a solution, but as I said, that is unclear to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi and thank you for your reply. I already closed all other apps, did restarts on server and client. Nothing changed. CA just can`t find the virtual camera.

Best

Sebastian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm afraid that I'm not aquainted with a "virtual" camera. Is that a camera that is running on some other system? CH won't be able to interact with something like that. CH works best with a camera that is part of the system that you're running CH on. An integrated Lap Top camera is ideal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Sebastian,

I'm not familiar with VMhorizon client, but many Virtual Machine applications have a settings panel where you can configure which USB ports are available to the virtualized applications.   Please check if there is a setting for this and that the USB port for your Camera is enabled for the virtualized Windows instance.

Here's a test you can run:

In your VMhorizon client, check to see if your camera works with the built-in "Camera" app that comes with Windows.

If you are getting video from your camera using the Windows Camera app, then your camera should also work with Character Animator.  If the Windows Camera app is not working for you, then likely there is another problem.

Please let us know how this works out.

Best Regards,

Geoffrey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Sebastian is having the same problem as me it goes like this:

The virtual camera just records your screen and can be picked up by software like zoom, discord etc.

I'm using a virtual camera to do this, but the virtual camera is not recognized by character animator. I know it's possible because this thread shows you how to do it and provides a video of it working correctly: https://community.adobe.com/t5/character-animator-discussions/ndi-camera-input-for-remote-actors/td-...

The last post in that thread says there's a bug though, but NDI is working fine now, but character animator still isn't detecting the virtual camera (even though all other programs are), is this still a bug? I absolutely need the virtual camera to work to make my stream work.

I'm on windows and using OBS and SLOBS vritual camera, but neither of them work with character animator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 03, 2022 Feb 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2022 Sep 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey,
The above link only seems to be a temporary sort of band-aid solution. There's still the issue of Character animator not picking up my webcam or OBS virtual cam but it recognises ManyCam somehow.

I hope I will be able to use the camera's direct signal soon instead of having to rely on extra third-party software that bloats my computer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines