Highlighted

Can you use a photo with character animator?

New Here ,
Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wondered if it was easy to use a photo of a face instead of using a cartoon for the character animator? If so, how do you do it? And if not do you know of any programmes that could work?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Can you use a photo with character animator?

New Here ,
Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wondered if it was easy to use a photo of a face instead of using a cartoon for the character animator? If so, how do you do it? And if not do you know of any programmes that could work?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 01, 2018 0
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi willows,

I don't know if there is an easier way than this but here is what I do:

1. Use Adobe Capture to convert my photo into a vector, which opens seamlessly in Adobe Illustrator

2. Simplify and organize layers & groups in Illustrator

3. Bring that into Character Animator

Thanks,

Rameez

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 01, 2018 1
Valorous Hero ,
Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can, but it works better if you do a bit of massaging afterwards in order for eyes and mouths to work. I took photos of a stuffed toy. I then photoshopped out the mouth and eyes.

I then added them back as layers in the Photoshop file. (I split the head from the body as well, but I did not really need to do that.)  (Actually, this was not the final file - I cannot find it just now - but hopefully +Left Eye gives enough of a clue.)

So when turned on it looks sensible again.

But Ch can move the eyes and mouth etc. I only did one eye above, the "Left" eye (on the right above). Character animator does all the clipping etc to make it look correct.

My son then did a quick video Wookies! - YouTube

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 01, 2018 2