Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud Desktop - App tab keeps loading

Participant ,
Jul 27, 2024 Jul 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Something I experience since yesterday. In my "creative cloud desktop" app, I am unable to see my installed apps anymore. I get this spinning icon with then the message that "loading takes longer then usual".
Even in the creative cloud preferences, the section "app" is greyed out. This is where can you enable or disable the "update options " for your apps.

What is even more strange is the fact that when I login into a webbrowser, Firefox or Safari, I get the same thing when I navigate to the apps section while in the webbrowser. So my guess is, it is not on my computer side? I even tested this out, after creating a new user account, and still the same thing happens.  Even when I go with my iPad to the Adobe website and I login, I have the same thing.

I removed and reinstalled the creative cloud desktop app, after i tried a repair with the specific Adobe app to remove or repair Creative Cloud app. I rebooted my workstation numerous times

I am using the latest macOS Sonoma version, on a Apple M1 desktop machine.

I already had a chat with customer service, and they will have look at it, but perhaps somebody has a solution?

TOPICS
Others

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Jul 29, 2024 Jul 29, 2024

Problem solved!  I quote an Adobe employee:

"Hi everyone. Sorry for the inconvenience. There a minor content update that was done that inadvertently caused a bigger issue. The change has been reverted so the Apps tab should be functional again. If you're still seeing the issue, try "Help > Check for updates" in the Creative Cloud app and see if that resolves the issue."

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

where are you visiting with your browser?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Adobe account … there you get like the same kind off interface you have on your Creative Cloud app … and even there the "app section" … gets the loading spinning icon. Even on my iPad I get this, I did this to test things out. Even with another user account I created I get the same thing on website and creative cloud desktop app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://account.adobe.com is the account page.

are you going there by clicking a link in your cc desktop app?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I just went to Adobe.com … signed in. I didn't use a link from the CC desktop app.
The link i get on in my webbrowser = adobe.com/home and for the apps section = adobe.com/apps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok, got it.  thank you for that information.

now, using your mobile phone, disable internet data and reconnect using one of your mobile browsers.  do you still see the same problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup, already done that … even disabled WiFi and got on mobile internet … restarted my iPad/iPhone … the whole thing. Even restarted my modem. I have no Antivirus software nor firewall things enabled. It's the first time I experience this really. My apps run fine on my workstation, but I just find it very odd that the apps won't load in the creative cloud app. I mean, how can I install updates I wonder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

contact adobe support to see if they can determine if something is happening on adobe's end:

there are 2 ways to contact adobe support; chat and twitter (now x):

chat:
if you have or want to purchase a subscription, use a browser that allows popups and cookies
and click here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
in the chat field (lower right), type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a human.

twitter/x:
tweet @AdobeCare

p.s. if you're contacted by anyone (via email or private message), it's much more likely to be a scammer than an adobe representative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Allright! Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sure.

update this, if you have time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hmmm! I think i got something here! i have this subscription for companies. When I login into the webbrowser, I have this option to choose for "my company name" or "personal profile". When I choose "my company name" … i can't see my apps. BUT … when i choose "personal profile" … I can see my apps straight away in a matter of 0,3 seconds!! … how is that possible??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you have two different profiles. you can see both from your cc app too.

https://helpx.adobe.com/enterprise/using/manage-adobe-profiles.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will have a chat with adobe support … urgh … this is annoying 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mystery's solved, but you can confirm with adobe support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still … when i connect with my personal profile, still can't see the apps in my creative cloud desktop app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do you have 2 different subscriptions, one individual and one teams/enterprise both using the same adobe id?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used to have a "personal subscription" for a few years. But then, at the start of this year, i switched to a subscription for business. So I have 1 subscription for business, starting from january 2024. I think the issue I am having is,on Adobe's side. Ill chat with them tomorrow. Thanks for your assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. Exact the same as you described.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, the problem itself. I can't access the applications through Creative Cloud, so I know that Photoshop Beta( 
I reinstalled Creative Cloud, restored the Microsoft Visual C++ libraries, nothing helped

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Александр30862115gxm5 

see your duplicate post 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Antwan38034475oexq 

use your other profile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have anothere profile. I had but th

at one is not working anymore

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you sign out and then back in to your cc desktop app?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yep

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines