• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Major issue - Adobe's ending of of Cloud Syncing seems to have damaged windows explorer for many

New Here ,
Feb 06, 2024 Feb 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many creative cloud users are reporting that in the past day windows explorer has become very slow with everyone experiencing the same problem.  Clicking on folders/files in file explorer causes the cursor to flash 3 times and takes 2-3 seconds to load the folder/file on any disk drive.

The posts below are starting to pop up in reddit help communities and the common factor is that everyone has Creative Cloud installed.  I am experiencing this myself on my work system.  Adobe needs to get an emergency fix put out for this.

https://old.reddit.com/r/WindowsHelp/comments/1akdopd/windows_10_file_explorer_bug_loading_cursor/

https://old.reddit.com/r/WindowsHelp/comments/1akadgc/file_explorer_delayed_response/

https://old.reddit.com/r/WindowsHelp/comments/1ak85h8/file_explorer_very_slow_clicking/

TOPICS
App installs and updates , Others

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Feb 07, 2024 Feb 07, 2024

Thank you everyone for sharing the log files. We had a connect session with @Viki.Mellow and have identified the root cause and working on a fix for this. We will update on this same thread once we have the fix ready.

Regards,

Ruchika Wadhawan

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Feb 08, 2024 Feb 08, 2024
Hi Everyone, we have the fix rolled out for this problem. Please follow the steps below to see to apply the update:
  1. Close any opened File explorer windows.
  2. Open Creative Cloud Desktop App.
  3. From the Help menu -> Select 'Check for Updates'.
  4. This should fetch the latest updates for Creative Cloud Desktop App and will be automatically applied.
  5. Once update is applied, open File explorer and problem should no more be there.
Note: If you are facing any issue in applying the latest update or still see

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 205 Replies 205
Explorer ,
Feb 08, 2024 Feb 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hehe, @kglad good point by you 😄
May I ask you for the version number of your CC App?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@FatArrow 

6.1.0.587 (and, now that you called my attention to it, maybe that is updated.)

kglad_0-1707404801601.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thx, looks exactly like mine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@kglad 
We as the users have no idea when and what happened.
And you didn't experienced the issue till now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@FatArrow 

i don't use windows explorer (by which i assumed you all mean window's "file explorer").  i absolutely insist on a dual plan file explorer (and i use free commander).  when first seeing this thread i opened my file explorer, but i didn't (and still don't) see a problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@kglad 

exactly, as the process is called "Windows Explorer" I tend to go with that name. I will take a look into "free commander", sound promising. I also didn't experienced the same issue with TreeSizeFree.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@FatArrow 

here's the free commander link, https://freecommander.com/en/summary/

i can't believe anyone can deal effectively with a single pane file browser.  i move files all the time.  and the built-in ftp client in free commander, makes it as easy as dragging/dropping to move files locally to ftp server and vice-versa. plus, multiple tabs etc

kglad_0-1707406205479.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@kglad 
Sound really good, thank you for pointing this out to me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@FatArrow 

you're welcome. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2024 Apr 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...should be communicated ! ie along the CC desktop push msg ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 23, 2024 Apr 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you want to suggest that to adobe use the desktop ideas forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@FatArrow 

the quickest way to get a cc desktop update is to allow it to automatically update (using the app preferences)

kglad_0-1707404730350.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have not to update the applications, so not the "default settings" near the ID-Icon. In "Creative Cloud Desktop" go on the left hamburger-menu and choose "Help" an then "look for updates". Wait 60 seconds... that's all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jennn 
I know, thx. But it still doesn't work for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@StefanKlein 

updates are rolled-out to users in different stages.  (eg, i don't see the problem and i don't see the update.  i'm in the northwest usa)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Watching (still happening here, no public update yet).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed the steps and the fix worked. Thank goodness. But holy hell how much time did I lose just trying to find out what was going on. This kind of crap should not be allowed to happen- and when it does happen- Hi! I have a freaking email address. SAY SOMETHING. Push notification! It's one thing to have problems inside an app. It's something entirely unacceptable for some background BS to completely disrupt my workflow in entirely unrelated apps. And then to only find the solution after a dozen different google searches, buried in a reddit forum... playing with people's livelihood here. what the hell.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@mamarmite 

adobe updates typically roll-out over the course of 1 to 2 weeks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is truly not acceptable! I nearly restored my PC today and I did not work all day as Explorer was not working. I destroyed the search indexes on my drives. I removed so many apps and had to force reboot twice. Did DSIM repairs and SFC scans. The problem was even there in Safe Mode!! In the end, it's Adobe Cloud again! Why does Adobe believe they have the right to access our hardware in such ways?! It's becoming the new FaceBook in privacy invasion. My creative day was ruined and it was all because of C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Adobe OS Extension\ as reported by the kind user kglad. This tops the Create Cloud Files pin and file usage tracking privacy settings, hard to believe we also pay you at the end of the day. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry @DJI-User, it had been unfortunate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 12, 2024 Feb 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone from Adobe finally tell us, how to delete that darn folder "Creative Cloud Files Personal Account.......", ? I don´t want to mess around in my registry, just because Adobe didn´t test, what´s going to happen, when Cloud sync was abandoned.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2024 Feb 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sad to think of the cumulative thousands of hours that people have likely wasted reinstalling windows and mirroring drives to try and solve this issue like I did.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 09, 2024 Feb 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@jiggy54146234 

yes, no one benefited from that episode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 10, 2024 Feb 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ruchika,

Creative Cloud Destop app had made an update, before I was able to give the "Adobe OS Extension" folder its original name. So now I have an "Adobe OS Extension" and an "Adobe OS Extension_1". the latter contains "AdobeExplorerExtensionCore.dll". Do I still need that file or can I delete the entire "Adobe OS Extension_1" ?

Second question:

My explorer still has that "Creative Cloud Files personal Account......." folder. I want to delete it, but that´s impossible!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 10, 2024 Feb 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines