• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

can I delete old editions from Adobe?

Enthusiast ,
Feb 18, 2022 Feb 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there! I have some old versions of Adobe programs (see attached pictures), - and these old versions take up an incredible amount of space on my hard drive. Is it so that I can delete these old programs? Or? old Adobe program.pngAdobe old program 2.png
Thank you so much for the answer!

TOPICS
Libraries

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 18, 2022 Feb 18, 2022

Yeah, I looked at the video. What is the query here? You see the list of installed applications, start selecting the application you want to uninstall and click the clean button, that should do the trick. I remember this tool to work from the command line but anyhow this also look fine.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes please do uninstall these very old versions if you are not using them. But do remember that things like CS3 once uninstalled will be gone forever as the license servers are put down, so if you have any need for these versions take an informed decision.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much. Regarding the CS3,  - I could move over to my Icloud, because there I have a lot of space. What I have show above withe the images,  is on the hard drive itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way, - do I have to "uninstall" these programs.

Can't I just delete them from the hard drive without having to "uninstall"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will have to uninstall, that is the proper way to remove everything and avoid issues. You can try the Creative Cloud Cleaner tool for uninstallation.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creative Cloud Cleaner tool? what is that?

- what about the other question, if I could move some CS3 over to my Icloud, because there I have a lot of space.there

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

- and where do I find this "Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner tool" I can't see it in my "Applications".

Thank you so much for helping me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creative Cloud Cleaner tool :- Read about it and download it from here

Regarding moving the applicaton to iCloud, I have not done that personally and I am not hopeful that it would work as the installation places the file at many different location so I am not sure how those files would be moved.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ufff,  - it seems to be very difficult to use that cleaner tool?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't do it without to use that cleaner tool?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think cleaner tool is easier :). The alternative would be to locate the unistaller for each version, I suppose for Creative Suite versions the unistaller was also added in the applications folder. Another way would be to use something like http://freemacsoft.net/appcleaner/

The last option would be the age old trashing the application

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again@Manan Joshi ,  is possible to see my video? it is only 24 seconds video. Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah, I looked at the video. What is the query here? You see the list of installed applications, start selecting the application you want to uninstall and click the clean button, that should do the trick. I remember this tool to work from the command line but anyhow this also look fine.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My understanding is that CS applications must be installed on a local hard drive. If you want to keep CS3, it'll have to stay where it is. Besides, to "move" it you'd have to reinstall it on the cloud drive and it is no longer possible to install CS3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines