• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't install plugins in Photoshop

Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I go to Manage Plugins, I can see only grayed-out items. When I try to install a new plugin, I get an error "Could not install plugin. Error code -20". Re-installing Cretive Cloud did not help. This happens on a Mac Powerbook, Intel-based. On my Windows system it works fine. Help needed how to resolve this.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

The problem was resolved by a clean reinstall of Mac OS and then CC and PS. Reisntalling just CC/PS was not sufficient.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<moved from cc services>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@kglad I can't see how this is a Photoshop issue, nothing in the screenshots suggest it's Photoshop related

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Ged_Traynor, the op's title: Can't install plugins in Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oops missed that bit 😁 still I think it's more of a Creative Cloud app issue rather than Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@stefan.g  Have you tried signing out and signing back into the Creative Cloud app

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Ged_Traynor, i think you are correct.  this person is having a problem with their cc app.

that error code is a path issue with the plugin installer.

@stefan.g, are you trying to install "easy panel"?

and, no matter which plugin you're trying, if signing out/in (per @Ged_Traynor) doesn't help, reset the cc desktop app:

make sure it's in the foreground, then press:

Win: Ctrl + Alt + R
Mac: Cmd + Opt + R

if that fails, restart your computer and retry installing.

<moved back to cc services>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neither of these helped - signing out/in, restart computer, reinstalling cc and ps, reseting the cc desktop app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

again, what plugin are you trying to install?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Easy Panel, but the problem is the same with ny other plugin I try to install from CC->Stock&Marketplace.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

assuming your have win 8 or better, or mac 10.8 or better:

your default browser must support tls 1.2, https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/eol-tls-support.html

to test your default browser's tls you can use , https://clienttest.ssllabs.com:8443/ssltest/viewMyClient.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, my browser supports TLS 1.2 and 1.3. I suspect it could be some path/directory permission or not available issue, but I do not know which path it is supposed to access for the plugins.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The problem was resolved by a clean reinstall of Mac OS and then CC and PS. Reisntalling just CC/PS was not sufficient.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines