• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot sync on MacOS 10.14.6 Mojave

Explorer ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried the suggested solutions from Adobe re Core Sync. No change. "Open on the web" not available. I saved files to the Creative Cloud app, signed in on the web to look for the synced files--not there. Any other solutions? 

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Sometime earlier I saw a message over the CC icon in the taskbar saying "Creative Cloud Update," I refreshed as you suggested, and now things seem to sync. Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what's your sync folder (file>preferences>syncing) on your mac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to Preferences it is in my user root (Jeannie/Creative Cloud Files). However, in the info on the sidebar from "Creative Cloud Files" it showed a different path, to a duplicate folder of the same name within my Documents.

I moved that duplicate folder to the Trash. I went back to Preferences to set the path to the root again. It now shows the sync directory in the Trash.

Then I changed the name of the folder in the Trash to "OLDCreative Cloud Files" and the only thing that changed was the sidebar now shows the path at .../Trash/OLDCreative Cloud Files.

I have restarted and I have tried unsuccessfully several times to re-point the sync folder to the user root.

How do I resolve this? Should I uninstall Creative Cloud and reinstall?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can't use a drive root for you adobe sync folder.  the files won't sync (which is what you're seeing).

create a directory in your root (eg, adobe sync) and assign that as your sync folder in the adobe cc desktop app (file>preferences>syncing).

then put a test file in that folder and see (using your os file browser) if it starts sync'g (and completes syncing) with adobe's online storage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already have a Creative Cloud Files folder in my User root as I have done for several years. It is only recently that something changed and the sync is not pointing to that folder.

Screen Shot 2021-02-22 at 6.08.30 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a new folder as you suggested and placed a single file in it. When I viewed that folder in Finder, suddenly my entire previously-created Creative Cloud Files folder and all subfolders were in the same new folder. But nothing sync'd.

When I accessed my files through the web it says the last sync was 22 days ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

embed a screenshot showing your sync'd folder ala

kglad_0-1614061068506.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kglad_1-1614097522648.png

and do you show green checks in that users/shared/adobe-sync folder?

kglad_1-1614096406773.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry about the download.

No, no green checks. And as I mentioned, when I go to the web directly the last sync date was Feb. 1

And typically I see the blue syncing arrows when I add a new file, both in the Finder as well as in the CC icon. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pause and then unpause your file syncing

check the web synched files

exit the synched local directory and re-enter it with your file browser.

did the file sync?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. But after I paused and unpaused the double blue arrows in the icon at the top taskbar were visible for several minutes. I had hope that was a good sign, but the web view still says the last modification was 23 days ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

refresh the web page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometime earlier I saw a message over the CC icon in the taskbar saying "Creative Cloud Update," I refreshed as you suggested, and now things seem to sync. Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you're welcome 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines