Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC library 2020 process “node” high CPU usage

Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2019 Nov 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

maybe this happens since updating to the new cc 2020, I cannot say clearly: The fans of my MacBook Pro 2015 (i7, 16 GB RAM) are working on a high and loud level always. This is caused by the process “node” which belongs to CC-library. My os: macOS 10.14.4.

As I uninstalled the cc desktop app, everything was fine and the fans ran at a normal low level. Since I installed cc app again, everything is like before and the fans are working loud again.

Does anybody know some answer?

Best, Matthias

Bildschirmfoto 2019-11-09 um 16.53.14.png

Bildschirmfoto 2019-11-09 um 16.53.27.png

TOPICS
Libraries

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2019 Nov 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

After upgrading Lightroom from 8.4 to 9 I observed that the CPU load was 100% after starting LR and working with the program.

In worst case this results in a blue screen.

Did anybody make the same observation and perhaps has a solution?

Regards

Guenter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Matthias,

Process “node” uses lot of cpu only initially when libraries trying to sync data to your local machine. Your machine's cpu will come back to its normal state once everything is in sync.  If you think, the problem persists after enough time, can you please try rebooting your machine and see CPU usage.

If the problem persists still after enough time, can you please gives us logs to investigate further. Please follow the steps at

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html and provide us the zip file name.

-- Gambhir

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2019 Nov 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gambhir,

thanks for your replay. I did some tests on 2 computers: when I upload a file from my office-pc (windows 10) to the adobe cloud my mac book reacts immediately and the fans become louder. Funny, I never realized that before.

But: Even when I’m not working on the mac, when no adobe program is running and even when I pause the Adobe Cloud sync: The fans are running too high and node-process always shows 83–93% CPU.

I even believe that something prevents the standby. When I close the monitor nothing happens.

So I started the log-collector. The file name is: AdobeLogs_20191115_172047_622-mac.zxp

Best, Matthias

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 19, 2019 Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Matthias,

Unfortunately, we could not find the logs that you attached in our database.

One of our support person will contact you to collect logs.

Thanks for your patience.

-- Gambhir

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2019 Dec 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Matthias,

I'm having this same problem.  Were you able to find a solution? After shutting down all Adobe programs and leaving my laptop overnight, it is still running hot with node using over 90% of the CPU for two seconds at a time.  It quits itself out and then starts again right away.  I logged out and relogged into Adobe, I have tried restarting my computer and it does the same thing.  It never did this before I installed the new versions of my Adobe programs that came out in the fall, so it seems like there is a bug somewhere in that update.  When I open Adobe and try to quit, it says there is an application updating, but nothing shows up as in process of updating, and it says it every time I go to quit the application, so maybe that is where the glitch lies.  

Any ideas on how to solve this problem would be great. 

Thanks,

Ty

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

you’re right: this seems to be the same issue.

I didnt receive a solution. I’m in contact with the Adobe developer team since a few weeks, they are working with my log files. The problem is still existing. I’ll let you know when I get a solution. 

you're welcome,

Matthias

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still have the same problem.
Please let me know if they find a solution.

Regards

Guenter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 19, 2019 Dec 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Matthias,

It seems the issue is that this particular account has lots of fonts.

The log file which you gave us shows that it's failing to load the system fonts, and it keeps retrying, it seems like some race-condition keeps failing. Below is a snippet from your logfile.

"
Fri Nov 15 2019 17:20:34 GMT+0100 (CET) SystemFonts: Loading system fonts

Fri Nov 15 2019 17:20:34 GMT+0100 (CET) SystemFonts: Requesting fonts from font manager

Fri Nov 15 2019 17:20:51 GMT+0100 (CET) SystemFonts: Failed to load system fonts - loading again

"

Question 1: Do you really have so many fonts in your account and are you seeing frequent font update notifications?

Following are the two workarounds, to get around if the issue coming from downloading fonts. Please check and let us know.

Workaround 1

1. Logout and quit the Creative Cloud Desktop application.
  2. Open Activity Monitor, select CCLibrary process and kill it.
  3. Go-to “/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Creative Cloud Libraries” folder in your file system and rename “CCLibrary.app” to “CCLibrary-o.app”
  4. Start Creative Cloud Desktop application and login

Wait for about an hour, so that it downloads all fonts for your account.

1. Go-to “/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Creative Cloud Libraries” folder in your file system and rename andCCLibrary-o.app” to “CCLibrary.app”
  2. Logout and login to the Creative Cloud Desktop application

Workaround 2:

If you are not using any fonts, then

1. Open Creative Cloud Desktop application
  2. On the top menu, select Creative Cloud à Preferences > Services and then de-select “Adobe Fonts”

Note:

We are adding a few precautionary fixes around this workflow for the next update, so just keep a look on that.

Thanks,

Gambhir

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 20, 2019 Dec 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gambhir,

Thank you. I tried both solutions:

I have many fonts on my computer In total, but I just use a few Adobe fonts. So I tried your workaround 2 first. I deselected Adobe Fonts, ’cause I don’t need them for my actual work – unfortunately without success.

Then I tried Workaround 1. The fans stopped cooling immediately when I killed the CCLibrary App. Everything was fine as long as the name was CCLibrary-o.app: My MacBook had the low noise level that I miss since this fall. Since I renamed it back to CCLibrary.app everything is like before: “node” at over 90% and high fan noise.

Is it possible to start and stop CCLibrary manually? So I would work under normal constitutions without sync function and start the sync process when I finish my word on one pc.

Best,

Matthias

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 22, 2019 Dec 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Matthias,

There is no simple way to stop and start manually, as it gets launched by the Creative Cloud app automatically on start. So, I've attached a script which launches the Creative Cloud app, with or with-out process.

Please copy the below code snippet to a file called stop_start.sh. Give stop_start.sh execute permissions and run as follow.

# Below script launches Creative Cloud app without launching CCLibrary.app

sudo ./stop_start.sh STOP_PROCESS

# Below script launches Creative Cloud app along with launching CCLibrary.app

sudo ./stop_start.sh START_PROCESS

Please see the attached script. Hopefully, it solves the problem a little bit.

Thanks,

Gambhir

set -e

if [ "$1" == "STOP_PROCESS" ]; then
	# quit the creative cloud app
	osascript -e 'quit app "Creative Cloud.app"' || true

# quit CCLibrary Process if its running
	ps -ef | grep CCLibrary.app | grep -v grep | awk '{print $2}' | xargs kill || true

# rename CCLibrary app
	mv "/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Creative Cloud Libraries/CCLibrary.app" "/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Creative Cloud Libraries/CCLibrary-o.app" || true
	sleep 20
	# start the creative cloud app
	osascript -e 'open app "Creative Cloud.app"' || true
elif [ "$1" == "START_PROCESS" ]; then
	# quit the creative cloud app
	osascript -e 'quit app "Creative Cloud.app"' || true

# quit CCLibrary Process if its running
	ps -ef | grep CCLibrary.app | grep -v grep | awk '{print $2}' | xargs kill || true

# rename back CCLibrary app
	mv "/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Creative Cloud Libraries/CCLibrary-o.app" "/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Creative Cloud Libraries/CCLibrary.app" || true
	sleep 20
	# start the creative cloud app
	osascript -e 'open app "Creative Cloud.app"' || true
fi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there, 

I had a similar issue with the CC Library process and I could solve it like this: In the creative cloud app I opend the fonts tab, there was one font marked red saying it could not be synced. I work on a Mac, so I looked into the app font book and found that the font was already installed in the system, so it seems that was the conflict why it could not be synched. So I deactivated this font in the Creative Cloud app and restarted the computer, and the CC Library process now calmed down. Hope this helps. 

Best, David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines