• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CCLibruary.app STILL using 100%CPU and causing fans constantly on - MacBook Pro Big Sur 11.

Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2021 Oct 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently upgraded my macOS to Big Sur v11.6. Since then, my battery life has been shocking and my fans have been constantly on at full speed. I spent over an hour on the phone with Apple support. They identified the issue to be clearly and absolutely the fault of CCLibruary.app. Using Activity Monitor, they identified that CCLibruary.app is constantly using 100% CPU time and deduced from that, that the constant full running of fans was due to this app. Force quitting this app in Activity Monitor resolved the issue. Absolutely confirmation that the CCLibruary.app is responsible for this issue.

I found this thread on the Community "CCX Process" & "CCLibrary" CPU at 100% not yet resolved (Jul 2021)"(https://community.adobe.com/t5/creative-cloud-services-discussions/quot-ccx-process-quot-amp-quot-cc...). Clearly then, this remains an issue.

The above thread suggests that AdGuard is the issue. I do not have AdGurad installed – never had.

A previous thread to the above, ""CCX Process" and "CCLibrary" causing 100% CPU load and max fan speed in 16" MacBook Pro? (https://community.adobe.com/t5/creative-cloud-services-discussions/quot-ccx-process-quot-and-quot-cc...),  suggests that the issue is related to CCX Process and that an update has been released. This update is 'apparently' installed automatically through Creative Cloud. I have force quit Creative Cloud, re-started, re-logged in - which I presume should update CCX Process to the latest version - however, the issue has not been resolved!

Clearly, from the number of people who are experiencing this issue - it is genuine and is an issue with Adobe software. I'm, not an Adobe expert, so I am relying on Adobe to recognise and accept that this is a real and genuine problem and fix it.

Incidentally, while troubleshooting this issue with Apple, it came to my attention that two new apps have appeared in my Adobe folder in Launchpad: Creative Cloud Desktop App and Creative Cloud Helper. Neither were present last time I looked: only Creative Cloud.

I believe that the Creative Cloud Helper may have something to do with log on access. If so, it probably got installed when I added this to my iPhone. If I click on the icon, nothing happens - suggesting it's a background process. But if so, why add an icon to the folder giving the appearance it is some kind of app? If not, then why does nothing happen when clicked? Also, does this have anything to do with the CCLibruary.app issue I have only just started to experience?

On clicking the Creative Cloud Desktop App, absolutely nothing happens! If this does nothing, then what is the point of it and why has it been installed? If it is supposed to do something, what is it supposed to do - and since it is not, could this have anything to do with the CCLibruary.app issue?

Thanks in advance. 

TOPICS
Libraries

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2022 Jan 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THIS IS STILL A MAJOR PROBLEM.

ADOBE - PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE ADRESS THSI ISSUE ASAP!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 13, 2022 Jan 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Willis, sorry that you continue to observe high computer resource usage from the Adobe Background processes.

I reviewed the account you used to post to this public discussion forum. It does not appear that you have contacted us yet about your experience. Therefore, for your next steps, please download and run the CC Log Collector Tool from http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html. Once the log files are uploaded, you can begin a secure chat session at https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen to interpret the logs, and the cause of the excessive computer resource usage can be investigated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2022 Jan 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good afternoon

Thank you for your email. Unfortunately, this was a waste of time 😞

I downloaded and ran the CC Log collector as requested and then began a secure chat session. Unfortunately, the person I chatted to did not have the slightest clue what was going on. I thought the whole idea of running the CC Log Collector was for him to analyse the logs - he never did.

All he did was blindly click around and around my settings, etc. in the vain hope of finding something. He then forced quit CCLibrary.app and proudly professed the issue was resolved. Of course, it was not. I have tried force quitting CCLibrar. App, and all other CC processes/apps BUT the problem returns - you can repeat this cycle as many times as you want !!! The period of time the problem returns varies - sometimes within a few minutes, sometimes not until you close/switch off and restart.

Obviously, when the issue occurs my MacBook slows down. But the main irritation is the fans constantly running at full pelt !!

I have had my MacBook 2019 since Oct 2019 and began using CC sometime after that. The problem began Q4 last year after either an OS or CC update. Many people have reported the same error. I think I am right in saying it first appeared after Big Sur?

There is a BUG somewhere in CCLibrary.app that is causing it to go into an infinite loop, resulting in 100%CPU usage and fans fully running…...

Wills1066_0-1642179808217.png

I pay a lot for my CC subscription and to be honest, I expected more professionalism form Adobe. I thought your chat agent was very amateurish  and clearly di not have a clue what was going on or what to do. AT one point, he opened a browser window which warned of a security risk - really? Then he tried running a clean up tool but decided against it when the popup window informed to do a reinstall first - which, incidentally I’ve done.

If this issue cannot be resolved in the very near future, then I will have no alternative but to cancel my Adobe CC subscription and find a product that does not have such a BUG!!

I sincerely hope that will not prove to be the case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 14, 2022 Jan 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the update, Willis.  You can use the process listed in https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/customer-support-portal.html to make any updates to your active support case ADB-22829304-M6Q6.

I am sorry, Willis, but I don't have any additional suggestions to offer.  I have never personally encountered the behavior you are describing.  However, please do make updates to your support case so that the cause of the high resource usage can be investigated.   

You can also use the steps listed in https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove-app.html to remove the currently installed Adobe software if you do not wish to continue investigating the cause of the CCXLibrary using a surprising amount of CPU usage.

For more information on what the background processes are used for, please bookmark https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/adobe-background-processes.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines