• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Constant popup "Core Sync wants to access key "proxy.xxx.com" in your keychain.

Explorer ,
Aug 31, 2022 Aug 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have done everything to pause sync, turn off Core Sync, delete it... anything. But this pop up will NOT give up.

I don't use any document sharing features or sync any docs to the Adobe Cloud. I don't need this and I wouldn't care if it didn't nag at me every 5 minutes. I can Always Allow, Deny, or Allow, inputting my password. It DOES NOT CARE.

What can I do about this? I'm loosing my patience. Obviously I'm not deleting all Adobe applications but that's what a lot of things tell me to do... as in, just don't use them at all. Not helpful.

• MacOS Monterey
  • All Adobe Apps are up to date
TOPICS
Cloud storage web assets , Collaboration , File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're sorry to hear about your difficulties. Would you mind sharing the version of the Mac OS you're using? Since when have you been seeing this issue? I would like to inform you that Core Sync is responsible for syncing data between your machine and the Creative Cloud account. It also manages and syncs your fonts and Creative Cloud Libraries in other Adobe apps. Additionally, Core Sync syncs cloud documents created in applications like Adobe XD, Adobe Photoshop, and Adobe Illustrator. 

Please check the below link and let us know if that helps:-

You may also check this article which will tell you more about the Adobe background services: https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/adobe-background-processes.html

Regards,

Tarun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m on Monterey 12.5.1.

I know all about how the Keychain works and how to use it. The only app insisting on constant input is Core Sync, so this isn’t due to my Keychain. And I’ve given Core Sync all the access it can possibly ever need, again and again and again. 

I’m happy to leave it there and let it do its thing (I didn’t know it syncs the fonts). However, how can I get this pop up to LEAVE ME ALONE? This is so frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 09, 2022 Sep 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Could you please share the system log from your machine? Here is the link to get the logs:- https://www.howtogeek.com/356942/how-to-view-the-system-log-on-a-mac/

Please share the file with us by uploading it to a cloud storage service & sharing a link with us to download the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems like you have shared the Adobe Logs with us. Please share the system log from your machine with the help of the link shared above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the logs. I will keep you posted, once I hear anything from the engineering team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 14, 2022 Sep 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Venessa Sylvester ,

After checking the logs shared by you, it seems you have working proxy settings saved in the system keychain, not just your personal login keychain.

So when you next get one of these dialogs:

Note the server name requesting authentication, the port (usually 8080) and if it is an HTTP or HTTPS request. Typically it will be something in the form https://someproxyserver.someorganization.com:8080

See if you already have an entry for that server in your login keychain. If not, make one manually (sure to enter the whole thing as per the example above with the:8080 at the end). Typically that there need to be two separate keychain entries per proxy server, one for HTTP and a second for HTTPS, though sync defaults only uses HTTPS.

Once you have login keychain entries for the proxy server, double-click them and ensure that under Access, all applications are allowed and that your user name is saved.

Now for the fun bit. Option-drag and drop these entries into your system keychain. Click on the system keychain, and confirm that they are there and that all the settings are exactly right.

For good measure, do a shift restart and then a normal restart.

You should now get no more annoying dialogs for that particular proxy server. If your proxy server has more than one alias, or if you have several, then whenever you get a new unidentified dialog, repeat the above.

You may also check this link for more info"- https://stackoverflow.com/questions/66442058/macos-not-storing-proxy-settings-in-keychain

Let us know if that helps.

Regards,

Tarun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Venessa Sylvester,

Did you try the steps mentioned? Please let us know if the issue persists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 20, 2022 Sep 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Tarun,

I did try those steps and indeed the instructions for https weren't letting all apps access it. I changed it but it didn't cure the problem. However, this may help a lot of people. I'm thinking this is part of our corporate network because now a lot of other apps are jumping on the bandwagon.

Thanks for all your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines