• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud Desktop preventing PC from going to sleep

Community Beginner ,
Aug 01, 2022 Aug 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently started to have the problem where Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop prevents my Computer from entering sleep mode. Normally my screen turns off after 5 minutes and the PC will go to sleep after 20 minutes, but CC recently started to prevent this.

I have confirmed that CC Desktop is the culprit by using the following command:

powercfg -requests

which outputs the following:

DISPLAY:
[PROCESS] \Device\HarddiskVolume5\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Creative Cloud\ACC\Creative Cloud.exe
Video Wake Lock

SYSTEM:
None.

AWAYMODE:
None.

AUSFÜHRUNG:
None.

PERFBOOST:
None.

ACTIVELOCKSCREEN:
None.

When I kill the Creative Cloud procress, my computer is able to go to sleep again.

Why does this occurr and how can I fix this?

Diagnostic info:

Windows 11 Home 21H2 (Build 22000.795) x64

Creative Cloud Desktop (5.8.0.592):

• Applications: 5.8.0.592
  • CCX process: 4.10.0.39
  • CC library: 3.20.5.20

Log collector filename: AdobeLogs_20220801_035626_314-win-GS.zxp

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Sep 06, 2022 Sep 06, 2022

Thanks for the reply with the MVP information. I used this command line (mentioned by others here) via CMD and fixed it on one of my computers:

powercfg /requestsoverride process "creative cloud.exe" display system

Again, I only did this on one computer. The other computer was left as-is out of curiosity. I finally decided to see what might be causing the video wake lock from Creative Cloud. As it happens, I didn't find the root cause, but I *did* nail down that the fix for this issue do

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 18, 2022 Sep 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

really?  did you click the link and READ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add me to the list of users that is experiencing this problem as well.  In my case, it prevents my computer from going to password locked screen saver, which is a critical security issue in my environment.  I am following the suggestions and workarounds that have been posted. 

Clicking the 4 CC icons worked.  In fact, all I needed to do was click the profile icon and it cleared the Wake Lock. It wasn't necessary for me to click all 4 icons.

Preventing CC from starting during Windows startup worked,

I will test out powercfg /requestsoverride process "creative cloud.exe" display system however it sounds like this needs to be run after any update or added to a regularly recurring task.

Following this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

good to hear that users found their own non-permanent solutions, shared them and they work (for at least some) others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 03, 2022 Oct 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has released an pdate to CC, the relese notes only mention bug fixes and enhancements which may be realted to this issue. I'll test later today. time will tell.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@OzPhotoMan  let us know if it solves your problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will do. The powercfg command has solved it but I would like to see Adobe fix. I'll test now and let you know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sounds good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, with powercfg override off and CC running in system tray, powercfg returns no wake lock message. PC monitor turns off at specified time. Running Win 10. Seems like they might have fixed it with the latest release, need to test over time as previously it was intermittent. Time will tell.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So far so good, with CC open in tray, new version of CC. PC goes to sleep as expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 04, 2022 Oct 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

24 hours later, still working Ok. Looks like the CC update has fixed the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 04, 2022 Oct 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2022 Oct 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just FYI. It's been a few days, since Adobe made some update to CC (which, by the way, does not show in my update history).

That seems to have done the trick, wrt preventing sleep.

I'm on an M1Max Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just discovered the same thing on two of my M1 computers. The update does not show up anywhere, but it appears the problem has gone away. For now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@LenL, what's your cc app version number?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My current version is: 5.9.0.373

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

your cc desktop app updated.  if you weren't aware it updated, you probably have this setting:

kglad_0-1665068699085.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2023 Jun 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this is an old thread, but I have narrowed down the exact process causing it. I had this problem for a long time and it was very annoying. I just recently did a fresh install of Windows and sleep worked. Then after installing everything, the problem returned, so that told me it was something that got installed. Clearly after trial and error, I found adobe at fault. I noticed that before I logged into windows, sleep worked fine, so it was something starting after logging into windows. Lots more trial and error and I found the start up process "updaterstartuputility.exe" causing it. Disabling it from starting, solved the problem. Not sure what it is used for, but it is the root problem causer. I want to try the solution here to see if that works so I can allow the that process to run, but just thought I would point this out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Mistress Elemental 

win 10 or 11?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was on windows 10, now 11, and it happened on both.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like "AGCInvokerUtility.exe" may also be part of it. Seems having either process enabled is causing it. Still testing, but when I just disabled the updater exe, and had the invoker enabled, that too prevented sleep. Having both off, does not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alright, solution found. Once I figured out which processes were the cause, I figured out what they were starting. Using the command in the "solved" solution did not work for me, but using it on "AdobeUpdateService.exe" did work for me. I can now have those processes set to start up and the computer will finally sleep fine. This is the exact process causing it.

powercfg /requestsoverride process "AdobeUpdateService.exe" display system

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These are all the processes I had to add for it to finally work. After I cleaned up the list of all the ones I tried, it started doing it again, but just having these 3 on the list, now it goes to sleep.

AdobeProcess.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So it appears that I had yet another problem program that was making this hard for me to diagnos. Seems the Alienware Command Center also has the same issue, but with it, it was a service that was set to be a delayed start with the system, so when it seemed like I had solved it with the adobe stuff, the "AWCCService" service would start and then stop my computer from sleeping. How freaking annoying to have two different apps, causing the problem. But now that I figured those out, it is now FINALLY going to sleep and STAYING!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Geeze, now that I got all that figured out and re-enabled everything, there was 1 other thing preventing it from getting to sleep. Looks like also "steamwebhelper.exe" causes the problem if you have steam installed. Using your command here, I added it to the ignore list and now it will sleep with everything else running. Man, what a joke to have so many things that prevent a system from sleeping. I hope all this info helps someone.

powercfg /requestsoverride process "steamwebhelper.exe" display system

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines