• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

H.264 Mov. files into PDF - why receiver can't watch?

New Here ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

Ok, so I've spent 2 days trying everything to figure out this really uhhhh, what should be simple thing. 

I've created a PDF with some compressed video footage, which I have successfully embedded via Rich Media feature and link to computer file. (as I can't seem to link to URL file - as Adobe states you can as well...?)  So - when I send the PDF with my embedded videos to my husband - he doesn't get the videos in the PDF. Is that because it's linked to my computer file? Probably, so questions are:

How can I link to a URL file? 

OR How can i succesfully do this? Get the reciever of my PDF to see my embedded videos.

Thanks, 

Katie

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this an Acrobat question?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should be able to link to a video on a media server - but many people try to link to Youtube or similar and that cannot work. You can't email a PDF with embedded video, it will be MUCH too big too email. So probably it wasn't embedded.  Let's look into your URL file - is it Youtube?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

Thanks for your response.

so, I’m trying to link to a Vimeo video from my Vimeo account. It’s a http address straight to video (rather than an embedding code) - but when I do this in the Acrobat Pro >> Rich Media ‘embed video’ pop up window (which says “upload file or enter URL link”) I get a message saying “that is not a file” well NO! it’s a URL link! 

Any ideas? 

Thanks, 

Katie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vimeo, like Youtube and Facebook and many others is NOT a media server. It's a full service video player, and they don't offer their videos "raw" for apps which need to do their own playing. Mostly you need to use a service advertised as a media server. (If Vimeo DOES have a raw mode, I'd love to hear it, I could really use it...!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, nice! Thanks, I’ll look into this then. (I’ll let you know if Vimeo has raw mode!) 

thanks a lot! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Why not send your husband a plain vanilla e-mail with a link to your video on YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook, etc...?  Problem solved! 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines