• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Impossible to prevent Adobe Update Service from running at launch.

Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

God morning,

I know this topic is something that comes a lot but I didn't find any substantial answers to this issue for months. To the point that I need nowadays to ask the community directly.
Since you cannot prevent creative cloud from running at launch through the means adobe give to the user, you need to find a way to by pass it and be able to shut down all process launching when starting windows.

Be et task manager > startups
regedit to services, etc...

I desperately try to look for a solution that all of the above doesn't work anymore.
Even creating a "AdminUpdaterAdminPrefs.dat" in, the root folder doesn't work anymore.

Since installing the 2021 version of photoshop and updating CC, it feels like it will run and launch anyway.

I would like to please, shut down all process of CC running from launch and in the background and a viable solution to it. I already stopped using acrobat because of this unsolved issue and uninstalling it.

I attached some files (but not all of it since there are dozens of folder to open) to show that it's mainly disabled everywhere but still running in the background.

Thanks for your help

2020-10-26 13_55_26-Gestionnaire des tâches.png2020-10-26 13_56_02-Gestionnaire des tâches.png2020-10-26 13_56_46-Creative Cloud Desktop.png2020-10-26 13_56_59-Creative Cloud Desktop.png

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Hi @kglad  and thanks for your answer.

After exploring all the means, deactivated in creative cloud menu, in the services with applying a binary code, into creating the .dat file in the root folder, into windows startup. It finally stopped showing in the task manager.
I don't know which method worked because I tried all of them and each time had to restart the computer only to see that it didn't work.

After applying all the method altogether, it seems to have worked but this wasn't easy at all.

It'

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i don't know if this will help you, but there is some info about controlling auto-update preferences and you may be able to use that info to do what you want, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/disable-auto-updates-application-manager.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @kglad  thanks for answering.

I did try this method that adobe gives but it doesn't seem to work.
As you can see I created a text file, renaming it "AdobeUpdaterAdminPrefs.dat" with all the lines required in.

And putted it in the location adobe asks to put.

But it doesn't prevent from adobe program to launch on windows start in the background even though all the means to avoid that were carefully osculted.
I don't know what else to do.
2020-10-26 16_02_06-Window.png2020-10-26 16_02_18-Window.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you could also disable using windows settings>apps>startup. 

i don't know if the adobe cc app will reset that, but it's worth a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks @kglad It's already deactivated in my settings.
It really is some trouble to find a way to deactivate it.

2020-10-26 17_27_46-Paramètres.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

after doing that and restarting your computer, do those processes still show up in your task manager?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @kglad  and thanks for your answer.

After exploring all the means, deactivated in creative cloud menu, in the services with applying a binary code, into creating the .dat file in the root folder, into windows startup. It finally stopped showing in the task manager.
I don't know which method worked because I tried all of them and each time had to restart the computer only to see that it didn't work.

After applying all the method altogether, it seems to have worked but this wasn't easy at all.

It's sad that the options given by CC in its state doesn't do what it is intended to do.
You unfortunately have to manually dig into the folders which is not user friendly and have to apply 4 different methods that are not known by most of the customers to get your privacy respected.
I thought that when you pay for a service like that, you expect it to work when you untick the boxes of not running the client in the background at launch, something that it doesn't do.
You have to get into this discouraging method each time there is an update, and this is tiresome.

I hope this thread will add a little more help to the other many threads about with touchy subject.

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thank you for posting your follow-up and a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines