• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Muse not running after Creative Cloud Desktop app update

Engaged ,
Dec 20, 2023 Dec 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the latest update to version 6.1.0.587 my copy of Adobe Muse will no longer open.

It partially loads, and then just closes.

In the Windows 10 logs I'm seeing -

Application: Muse.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: exception code c0000005, exception address 0000000000DEE917

Followed by -

Faulting application name: Muse.exe, version: 2018.1.1.6, time stamp: 0x5d3ed771
Faulting module name: Muse.exe, version: 2018.1.1.6, time stamp: 0x5d3ed771
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000060e917
Faulting process ID: 0x3150
Faulting application start time: 0x01da33a19cf3e497
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Muse CC 2018\Muse.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Muse CC 2018\Muse.exe
Report ID: 8266414e-2cfd-4801-b0e4-a5257678bd62
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Anyone any idea why this is happening?

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Muse and that makes no difference.

This is a big problem as I need to update one of my Muse websites.

And please, DON'T just tell me that Muse is now unsupported and obsolete and I should be using something else, I'm well aware of that!

I have carried on using Muse until I can find something better, which I haven't yet, and it has always worked fine up until now.

I haven't knowingly made any changes which would prevent it from working, so why has it suddenly apparently failed?

Thanks, Dave.

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 4 Correct answers

Engaged , Dec 22, 2023 Dec 22, 2023

Thanks very much for that!

I actually managed to get Muse to run late last night too, by forcibly closing down all the other Adobe programs running on my machine. You don't have to have the CC Desktop app running to use Muse of course, it runs just fine by itself.

It's not exactly ideal though.

I will try to open a support case with Adobe about this, now we know for sure that it's not a problem with Muse itself, but with the latest version of the CC Desktop app.

Cheers, Happy Christmas from me too,

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged , Dec 23, 2023 Dec 23, 2023

In my experience, one or two of the processes are quite stubborn, and keep on restarting again!

For anyone who doesn't know, you just right click on the processes in the Task Manager, and select 'end task'.

I also went into the Startup tab of Task Manager, and disabled all the Adobe processes from running at boot.

That helped a lot.

Bear in mind that you may well need some or all of them running if you have other Adobe CC apps installed, but I only have Muse, so that's not an issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Dec 26, 2023 Dec 26, 2023

georhansc,

i found the following: Kudos to Adam Mehlhaff from the Adobe Muse Support forum on facebook. In fact, the method he suggested was the only one that worked besides other proposals and I was able to launch Muse, make changes to my pages and upload the updated pages. At first I was a bit skeptical as Adam is on WIN 11 and I am on WIN 10, but it worked perfectly. This is certainly not a permanent solution, but at least I was able to start Muse and make the urgent changes. How did I do? I w

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Jan 15, 2024 Jan 15, 2024

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 285 Replies 285
Engaged ,
Jun 12, 2024 Jun 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well Muse is now working fine for me with the current version of CC Desktop, although I haven't tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it again just in case it borks it! It should certainly be offered to you if it's part of the package you subscribe to. I do realise that this is no comfort for the people who it's still not working for, but I'm afraid I have no idea what the problem might be in their case. As far as I can see, the previous version of CC Desktop had a bug which prevented Muse from running, which has now been fixed in the current version. There's nothing more I can say I'm afraid, that's just my experience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 15, 2024 May 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still working fine here, and I am on Windows 10.

Are you all certain that you're now on the new version of CC Desktop?

Screenshot 56.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. Unfortunately, I'm certain. I previously checked if I already had the latest version of the ACC Client App you mentioned (which is 6.2.0.554) before reinstalling Muse and restarting the system. And again, I saw what I saw before, which is 'Sign in to start your 7-day trial' (even though my account name, which I've been using with Adobe for 12 years, was displayed in this 'invitation' -> I was signed in).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what about the work-arounds, @anber ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

End the service until it lets you run MUSE. Try several times

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 16, 2024 May 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@anber 

What you're describing is a different problem.

The problem caused by the previous version of CC Desktop was that Muse would not run at all.

If you tried to run it, it partially loaded and then shut down.

What you're describing is a subscription problem, which must be something unrelated to this issue, I'm afraid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 16, 2024 May 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for that post @DaveH5. it made me read @anber 's post more carefully.

@anber, for the subscription reverts to trial problem these are the fixes:

start here - https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account/kb/stop-creative-cloud-trial-mode-after-purchase.html

if that fails, proceed to these steps - https://helpx.adobe.com/enterprise/kb/resolve-trial-and-license-expired-errors.html

if that fails, https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/adobe-license-issues-keychain-credential-mgr.html

below are solutions some users reported:

if those all fail, change your cc language. eg, try international english - https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/creative-cloud-trial-mode.html

if that fails, change the install location

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2024 May 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately doesnt seem to be fixed on macOS. Adobe is updated to the latest 6.2.0.544

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2024 May 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. On Mac (OS Monterey), I continue to have to use the Creative Cloud Uninstaller, sign in with my password, click Repair, and then launch Muse. At least it still works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 04, 2024 Jul 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Now updated to CC Desktop version 6.3.0.207.

Muse is still working for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines