• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Muse not running after Creative Cloud Desktop app update

Engaged ,
Dec 20, 2023 Dec 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the latest update to version 6.1.0.587 my copy of Adobe Muse will no longer open.

It partially loads, and then just closes.

In the Windows 10 logs I'm seeing -

Application: Muse.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: exception code c0000005, exception address 0000000000DEE917

Followed by -

Faulting application name: Muse.exe, version: 2018.1.1.6, time stamp: 0x5d3ed771
Faulting module name: Muse.exe, version: 2018.1.1.6, time stamp: 0x5d3ed771
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000060e917
Faulting process ID: 0x3150
Faulting application start time: 0x01da33a19cf3e497
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Muse CC 2018\Muse.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Muse CC 2018\Muse.exe
Report ID: 8266414e-2cfd-4801-b0e4-a5257678bd62
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Anyone any idea why this is happening?

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Muse and that makes no difference.

This is a big problem as I need to update one of my Muse websites.

And please, DON'T just tell me that Muse is now unsupported and obsolete and I should be using something else, I'm well aware of that!

I have carried on using Muse until I can find something better, which I haven't yet, and it has always worked fine up until now.

I haven't knowingly made any changes which would prevent it from working, so why has it suddenly apparently failed?

Thanks, Dave.

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 4 Correct answers

Engaged , Dec 22, 2023 Dec 22, 2023

Thanks very much for that!

I actually managed to get Muse to run late last night too, by forcibly closing down all the other Adobe programs running on my machine. You don't have to have the CC Desktop app running to use Muse of course, it runs just fine by itself.

It's not exactly ideal though.

I will try to open a support case with Adobe about this, now we know for sure that it's not a problem with Muse itself, but with the latest version of the CC Desktop app.

Cheers, Happy Christmas from me too,

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged , Dec 23, 2023 Dec 23, 2023

In my experience, one or two of the processes are quite stubborn, and keep on restarting again!

For anyone who doesn't know, you just right click on the processes in the Task Manager, and select 'end task'.

I also went into the Startup tab of Task Manager, and disabled all the Adobe processes from running at boot.

That helped a lot.

Bear in mind that you may well need some or all of them running if you have other Adobe CC apps installed, but I only have Muse, so that's not an issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Dec 26, 2023 Dec 26, 2023

georhansc,

i found the following: Kudos to Adam Mehlhaff from the Adobe Muse Support forum on facebook. In fact, the method he suggested was the only one that worked besides other proposals and I was able to launch Muse, make changes to my pages and upload the updated pages. At first I was a bit skeptical as Adam is on WIN 11 and I am on WIN 10, but it worked perfectly. This is certainly not a permanent solution, but at least I was able to start Muse and make the urgent changes. How did I do? I w

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Jan 15, 2024 Jan 15, 2024

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 283 Replies 283
Community Expert ,
Dec 20, 2023 Dec 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

muse hasn't released an update in years. ie, since 2018

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2024 Apr 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solucion para abrir MUSE cualquier version en windows 11
1.- Renombrar el archivo que se crea al iniciar MUSE:
Ruta:
C: - Usuarios - "nombre de usuario" - AppData - Roaming - com.adobe.AdobeMuseCC.XXXX (XXXX = version)
renombrar el archivo con .old
2.- apagar la pc conectado a internet
3.- esperar al menos un minuto
4.- encender la PC
5.- desconectarse de internet - wifi y/o cable
6.- iniciar MUSE
7.- el programa debe de abrir. 
8.- conectarse a Internet en cualquier momento despues de que MUSE se haya inicializado.

saluD2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 21, 2023 Dec 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

i'm in the same trouble; on Windows 11 until the end of november it was perfectly fine (even if Muse is not supported by adobe ....).
Muse is probably the best for graphic designer to build a website in a minute; but yoou know that for sure.

Well, when i close all the Adobe applications on my computer i can start and work with muse so i think the probleme doesnt come from windows or something like taht; it cames directly from adobe with the last update who created somes bugs.
So if someone at Adobe could help us to fix that

Thanks by advance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe announced no support for muse years ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i know, since many years .... but because it was fully working until the middle of december 2023... i am, we are, very sad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i understand posting here looking for help. but appealing to adobe isn't going to succeed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

brother glad you posted on this . this is exactly happening to me today. same error. and was working all good days ago. i used ot contantly. hope someone has a fix for this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

forgot to mention i am using windows 10 not upgraded. so i am not at 11

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same error on my end .

Faulting application name: Muse.exe, version: 2018.1.1.6, time stamp: 0x5d3ed771
Faulting module name: Muse.exe, version: 2018.1.1.6, time stamp: 0x5d3ed771
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000060e917
Faulting process id: 0x11e8
Faulting application start time: 0x01da341ddc428f78
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Muse CC 2018\Muse.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Muse CC 2018\Muse.exe
Report Id: 6523975e-5043-4802-951c-858168710783
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks everyone.

I am now very worried to hear that other people are seeing this too.

I thought it might have been a problem with the last update for Windows 10, messing up the .NET system, and I eventually did a repair reinstall of Windows, but no difference.

It looks as if it actually was the last update to the CC Desktop app which messed things up.

I assume this was not deliberate, as although Muse has been out of support for a number of years now, Adobe have never said that it will be disabled from working at any point. In fact, as I am still paying them for it every month, it would be quite outrageous if they did deliberately stop it working!

I think this has happened by accident, but that doesn't help anyone that still updates websites regularly using Muse!

Should I open a support case, on the grounds that the fault is almost certainly with the CC Desktop app, not with Muse itself?
Thanks, Dave.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too ... I can no longer start the software either. I don't know what has happened. It can only have been caused by a CC update. That's pretty dramatic, as I've still built countless websites with it and have to maintain and update them accordingly. I don't need any support for this software, just a program that works. Html remains html ... Unbelievable ... I'm curious to see what comes next ... (WIN 10).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same here , i need to update sites , big problem on my end . hopefully adobe realizes it broke the adobe muse from working properly and do a fix or work around.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same here brother. i am having the same scenario. if any of you find a solution please post it here, ill keep doing the same. we need a fix!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and yes i do believe its the adobe cc app update that might have caused this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wonder if there is any way ro reverts the creative clouds desktop app? anyone know?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it would be difficult but see if you can use the alternative download links at page bottom here, https://helpx.adobe.com/in/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-app-download.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

damn! interesting . gonna try to lower version to see if that works thanks brother will keep all posted on this 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well, you'll need to install everything cc and install an older cc desktop app (and not update it)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will be very interesed to see if that works!

I have a nasty suspicion that if you install a previous version of CC Desktop, it will immediately tell you there's an update as soon as you run it, and you cannot then use it until you update it.

A very silly policy IMO, as it stops you using an old version if the latest version causes problems, as it is here.

You can install the old version with no internet connection of course, but then you can't run any apps from it until you connect, at which point it immediately forces the update.

Please let us know if you get this to work!

Cheers, Dave.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

actually there is a setting to disable autoupdating the actual desktop creative cloud app . i am going to have to try this because i need this working in order to update some sites on hand. a must . will work on this most likely tomorrow. will keep you posted Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@georhansc11014805 

keep us updated. (and no intentional fix from adobe will be forthcoming.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

will do tx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@georhansc11014805 

sure, and good luck!

i would expect you will need to uninstall all cc apps per https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove-app.html

change your cc desktop app preferences to disable auto-updates (if not already done).

then uninstall the cc desktop app, using the correct uninstaller per https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html#sa_src=web-mes...

clean your computer of cc files per http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

then install an older cc desktop app. 

make sure disable automatic updates is still selected

test muse

restart your computer and retest muse

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@DaveH5 

you could very well be correct.  we'll see, if others (eg, @georhansc11014805 ) try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines