• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Muse not running after Creative Cloud Desktop app update

Engaged ,
Dec 20, 2023 Dec 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the latest update to version 6.1.0.587 my copy of Adobe Muse will no longer open.

It partially loads, and then just closes.

In the Windows 10 logs I'm seeing -

Application: Muse.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: exception code c0000005, exception address 0000000000DEE917

Followed by -

Faulting application name: Muse.exe, version: 2018.1.1.6, time stamp: 0x5d3ed771
Faulting module name: Muse.exe, version: 2018.1.1.6, time stamp: 0x5d3ed771
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000060e917
Faulting process ID: 0x3150
Faulting application start time: 0x01da33a19cf3e497
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Muse CC 2018\Muse.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Muse CC 2018\Muse.exe
Report ID: 8266414e-2cfd-4801-b0e4-a5257678bd62
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Anyone any idea why this is happening?

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Muse and that makes no difference.

This is a big problem as I need to update one of my Muse websites.

And please, DON'T just tell me that Muse is now unsupported and obsolete and I should be using something else, I'm well aware of that!

I have carried on using Muse until I can find something better, which I haven't yet, and it has always worked fine up until now.

I haven't knowingly made any changes which would prevent it from working, so why has it suddenly apparently failed?

Thanks, Dave.

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 4 Correct answers

Engaged , Dec 22, 2023 Dec 22, 2023

Thanks very much for that!

I actually managed to get Muse to run late last night too, by forcibly closing down all the other Adobe programs running on my machine. You don't have to have the CC Desktop app running to use Muse of course, it runs just fine by itself.

It's not exactly ideal though.

I will try to open a support case with Adobe about this, now we know for sure that it's not a problem with Muse itself, but with the latest version of the CC Desktop app.

Cheers, Happy Christmas from me too,

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged , Dec 23, 2023 Dec 23, 2023

In my experience, one or two of the processes are quite stubborn, and keep on restarting again!

For anyone who doesn't know, you just right click on the processes in the Task Manager, and select 'end task'.

I also went into the Startup tab of Task Manager, and disabled all the Adobe processes from running at boot.

That helped a lot.

Bear in mind that you may well need some or all of them running if you have other Adobe CC apps installed, but I only have Muse, so that's not an issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Dec 26, 2023 Dec 26, 2023

georhansc,

i found the following: Kudos to Adam Mehlhaff from the Adobe Muse Support forum on facebook. In fact, the method he suggested was the only one that worked besides other proposals and I was able to launch Muse, make changes to my pages and upload the updated pages. At first I was a bit skeptical as Adam is on WIN 11 and I am on WIN 10, but it worked perfectly. This is certainly not a permanent solution, but at least I was able to start Muse and make the urgent changes. How did I do? I w

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Jan 15, 2024 Jan 15, 2024

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 284 Replies 284
Explorer ,
Dec 22, 2023 Dec 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For test purposes, I have just installed the software on a new system under Windows 10 - no success. When starting the program, the progress bar increases to about 40% of the length, then the window closes and nothing happens at all. It is therefore not possible to work with the software. Right now I have to update many of my customers' pages with the opening times of their stores over Christmas and the holidays, design and publish Christmas and New Year's greetings, prepare the pages for the turn of the year. It's not possible! What should I tell my customers? Adobe has never restricted or limited the functionality of the software. It was well known that the program would no longer be supported and updated, but a complete blockade of the software was neither planned nor announced. So please Adobe, provide a solution to this problem immediately. Also interesting: Here in Germany the costs for the CC subscription will increase on January 1st by 7,3% after all. Now that the new software problem has arisen, we're all the happier for it ...

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello La Team,

this is my contribution.

i uninstall CreativeCloudDesktop with AdobeCreativeCloudCleanerTool.exe

then i download older version of creative cloud ACCCx6_0_0_571 found here https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cc-2019-direct-download-links.html

then switch off my network and install the old creativecloud  ACCCx6_0_0_571.

once its done you have to be faster then thunder 🙂

switch on your internet conection, go to the creativedesktop settings and switch off all the updates.....

and becaus its Xmas, the miracle is there !

Muse and the other product works perfectly..... well i have some fonts issue because its not related to the Adobe Font, but at least i cand update all my website changing the font with arial for exemple !

Guys, i hope its gonna work for you like it works for me.

When we see the price of the creative cloud, it's really sad to be forced to resolve the problems yourself... I hope that Adobe will correct this quickly even if yes, we know, Adobemuse is no longer followed (which is a very, very big disappointment for the hundreds of Designers who use it on a daily basis like me).

A wish for 2024 ?

Bring Bakc AdobeMuse

MerryXmas Guys

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks very much for that!

I actually managed to get Muse to run late last night too, by forcibly closing down all the other Adobe programs running on my machine. You don't have to have the CC Desktop app running to use Muse of course, it runs just fine by itself.

It's not exactly ideal though.

I will try to open a support case with Adobe about this, now we know for sure that it's not a problem with Muse itself, but with the latest version of the CC Desktop app.

Cheers, Happy Christmas from me too, and thanks for all the responses.

Dave.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you mean closing creative cloud app and also the other adobe serviceS? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MY MUSE will not open seeing error code : 131

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the future, to find the best place to post your message, use the list here, https://community.adobe.com/

p.s. i don't think the adobe website, and forums in particular, are easy to navigate, so don't spend a lot of time searching that forum list. do your best and we'll move the post (like this one has already been moved) if it helps you get responses.

<"moved from using the community">

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 23, 2023 Dec 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great for having a solution to that. Indeed, the CC Desktop app is not needed to run any of the Creative Cloud programs. It's a helper program only. However. Like often with helpers, sometimes it's in the way of something more important. 

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There. I have the same problem which Macbook Pro is a disaster for me and my last clients site buils with Mu. Tried to download an older version of the CC Desktop but wasn't a succes. Can not seem to find the installation and get it working. Is there a possibility that Adobe solves this for us. Alle the people who are trying there best to migrate their clients sites but not all of them yet in this stage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@AadV24 

use activity monitor to terminate adobe processes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thx kglad for your response... I will try it out. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@AadV24 

you're welcome, but credit is due to @DaveH5 .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh okay did not notice that. Thx to @DaveH5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On Sanoma system settings, under privacy & security settings there is an option for Full Disk Access, turn off Creative Cloud App and you should be good to go. On earlier OS versions this would be under privacy & security settings/firewall settings. Add Creative Cloud App (+) to list and then block incoming connections.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2024 Jan 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does open indeed when you close Cretive Cloud related applications in the task manager. Thank you 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 31, 2024 Jan 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@majap82268739 

a better solution is

rename AdobeIPCBroker in

win: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE\PDApp\IPC

mac: ->>Applications->Utilities->Adobe Application Manager->IPC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

brother truly appreciate you posting the details and your findings! i glad it worked. i might have to do this also since i have a very important live site that needs updating !! truly appreciate you posting these details for the community here!!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

je n'arrive plus à ouvrir adobe muse

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@guyd40156948 

Adobe Muse reached End of Service almost 4 years ago on March 26 2020. The forum for Muse is Read-Only, so I won't move your post there until you have time to answer in the Using the Community forum. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/muse/kb/adobe-muse-end-of-service.html

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@guyd40156948 

adobe's aware of the issue and is investigating.  meanwhile see https://community.adobe.com/t5/creative-cloud-services-discussions/muse-not-running-after-creative-c... for work-arounds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I phoned the German Adobe Service today. The service employee said that the problem is well known and that several people have already called. However, he did not know whether it would be solved. He said it could take a week, a month or maybe it will never be solved. That sounds exciting - doesn't it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'd check the work-arounds while waiting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the future, to find the best place to post your message, use the list here, https://community.adobe.com/

p.s. i don't think the adobe website, and forums in particular, are easy to navigate, so don't spend a lot of time searching that forum list. do your best and we'll move the post (like this one has already been moved) if it helps you get responses.

<"moved from using the community">

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2024 Apr 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a like button for your wish for 2024... Bring Bakc Adobe Muse

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines