Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud Desktop App Shows Incorrect Free Space Remaining

Explorer ,
Oct 16, 2013 Oct 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a technical issue with my creative cloud account.  My CC desktop application (Windows) shows as having 46.7% of the available space used, and at present I have no files stored or in my creative cloud archive.  Something is definitely amiss! 

Thanks,

-Jon

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 138 Replies 138
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2018 Jan 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave! 

No I'm not using a surface.  I use two windows desktop computers, one imac, and one macbook.  I do have a corporate account and a personal account.  I pay for the photography plan with the cloud.  The corporate plan has all the applications.  I don't know if that would make a difference or not.

Thank you for your help!!

Eileen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for confirming and the additional information Eileen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My problem is not fixed.  The storage on my devices shows 9gb or slightly less.  My storage is reporting 19.78 of 20GB.  I have made sure nothing is in archive.  I have verified the contents so there is nothing temp or different on any machine.  I am at a loss here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2018 Feb 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still no resolution here.  I am out of ideas, and I am just about to scrap the whole cloud idea.  There must be a better option.  This is continually reporting that I am using the wrong amount of space, and I can't work under these conditions.  I refuse to pay another $10 a month for a larger storage allocation, when I have 10GB free; even though your server doesn't agree with me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 14, 2018 Feb 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Eileen,

I think the others here had their issue resolved and we might have dropped the ball in your case on accident. Do you use different Adobe ID's for your corporate and personal accounts? I looked at your email address you use here on the forums and saw a free level of membership which includes 2GB of storage. I'm not able to see your corporate account, is that an enterprise type account? If it is, the account administrator may control whether the storage option is available. Can you confirm your archive is empty for your personal account too? Adobe Creative Cloud

Sorry again for the long delay. I'm following up with engineering again to see what I can find out.

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2018 Feb 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David!  Not a problem!  I accidentally posted with my husbands account...yes he has the free one.  I log in with my personal paid account though.  I also have an enterprise account.  I don't have anything stored on the enterprise account, because they don't subscribe to cloud services, just programs.  I have the lightroom/photoshop bundle, and use the cloud under my personal login.  I do have programs installed under the enterprise account as well though.  ftaylor9 is my prefix for the enterprise account.  Under my normal personal login, I have nothing in the archive.  My file storage on my pc is 7.86 GB and on my mac it shows 8.45GB.  I have 20GB available, but the cloud shows that I am using 19.83GB.  Something is off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Eileen,

I heard back from engineering with more information about your personal account (I think I found your personal account with 20GB )

The 19.83GB is close based on what engineering was seeing. They were saying your account shows 9GB for Creative Cloud files and 12GB for Lightroom online files for storage used

Where were you seeing the 7.86GB used on the PC and 8.45GB on the Mac?

Thanks,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - I've just checked Lightroom on my iPad, and it is now reading 18+GB free, so this seems to have been fixed for me!

For reference: I'm also not using a Surface; I'm using Windows 10 on a PC and an iPad Air 2. From your previous message - for several days my Cloud usage across all devices was reading the same, at 17.38GB, when I had only a handful of photos synced and an empty archive (the same usage it read before I deleted several hundred raw files!).

Thanks for your help!

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great to hear, thanks Chris!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

for me also it seems to have been solved. Now my Cloud is empty. I do not use a Surface. But I was wondering if syncing with Lightroom Classic, even if not showing in the "Assets" of the Creative Cloud, is counted in the quota. I tried last Sunday to remove all the sync files from Lightroom but the Cloud was still full. However, now the space is back, thank you for your help! William

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi William,

Thanks for the update. Good to hear it's fixed for you as well. Historically, the Lightroom storage didn't count against your total cloud storage used. Based off my own testing, that appears to still be the case. I know there have been various changes to the way storage works, so this may change too at some point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2019 Jun 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ken,

I am also experiencing the same problem. Nothing in my creative cloud files but it's reading as 20gb of storage used.

Robert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 16, 2013 Oct 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, my archive area is empty. My regular storage area is also empty.

Thanks

Jon

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2013 Dec 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have some problem here. Showing 69.05% of storage used and nothing in my local folder or CC archive...

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2014 Jan 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am having the same issue with my cloud storage. Reading as full when I just cleaned all the files out.

Thank you

Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2014 Feb 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ken,

I have a similar problem. I loaded files on my 20GB space. Later I deleted them by putting them in the archive. I also deleted the Archive.

The Creative Cloud application and the Creative Cloud webside tells me now that my space is 75% full, but nothing appears either in the Files or in the Archive section. I also emptied the local folders, nothing. (Win8.1)

Thanks for help

Frank

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 03, 2014 Mar 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@f-shot.de - Your file storage has been fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2014 Mar 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand why the problem is solved only by e-mail. A lot of people have a problem with it, including me. Do I also have to wait for a special e-mail?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 19, 2014 Mar 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Pixege - Received your private message and have emailed you about resolving the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2014 Apr 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem like all the others. I have no files on the cloud but it says that is 74% full. Is it possible to be fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 10, 2014 Apr 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@womolotsok - There was a metadata issue with some files. They have been placed in a folder beginining with "Recovered". If you no longer want the files you can place them in the Archive and then delete them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2014 May 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 07, 2014 May 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brent,

Could you confirm your Archive is empty at https://creative.adobe.com/archive

I'll also see about having your account checked from our side.

Thanks,
- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave. Sure. This is what I’m seeing:

Thanks!

Brent Patterson

Assistant Professor

Digital Media

Design Department

Buffalo State College

{Contact info removed for privacy}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Brent,

I wasn't able to see your screen shot. I think you replied via email and the forum software only allows you to insert images through the forum software directly. I did get feedback from our engineering that there were some issues with your account. They found some files in hiatus that have been recovered and placed in a folder called Recovered, so I think things should be correct now. Can you confirm from your side?,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines