• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dimension is freezing on the splash screen

Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Dimensions will not load past the splash screen (attached screenshot). It used to load and run just fine, but hasn't for the last two updates including todays major update. Any ideas on what i can do to solve the issue? I can provide what ever information needed to diagnose the issue. Thanks in advance!Screen Shot 2018-10-15 at 1.41.15 PM.png

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 02, 2018 Nov 02, 2018

Hey guys!  Just wanted to let you know we're investigating this.  Can you let me know if you're on older Macs?  Seems like it might be all 2010 Mac machines.  If any of you are on newer Macs (can find in the Apple > About this mac... menu) that'd be a great data point for us.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2019 Jun 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not know why this is listed as answered, but it is not.

2 x 3.33 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon

56 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 8192 MB

It has been months. How about an answer? Please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2019 Jun 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess Adobe didn't expect 9-10 year old computers still being in use for professional work. Dimension uses AVX CPU instruction set that is particular useful when doing heavy 3D calculations and that was not introduced until 2011.

Advanced Vector Extensions - Wikipedia

So the chance for Adobe to compile a slower compatible version for a handfull of 10 year old Mac Pros are slim. Wish it wasn't so!

It's worth noting that none of the major 3D engines in the market has this limitation – CPU or GPU. Arnold, VRay, Corona, Octane, Redshift, Cycles, Thea, Prorender, IRay, Unity etc etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 10, 2019 Nov 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 

Was freezing on splash screen on version CC2019

Now it's going to the home screen before freezing in CC2020

Slight improvement 😉 but still unable to use Dimension on my Mac

CC2018 was running without a glitch on this computer

Mac Pro 2012 Nvidia Card Nvidia drivers MacOs ElCapitan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2020 Jan 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was hoping the latest release would have addressed this problem, as on the Dimension page in the Creative Cloud app under Compatibility it states: 'Works on this computer'. I ran the update and was momentarily relieved to find the splashscreen fully loaded, but now it's stuck on the welcome screen. Very disappointing!
Running Mojave, latest update.

Hardware is mid 2010 MacPro

12 core 3.46GHz ,

1TB MVMe,

64G ram,

RX580 8GB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah, same here!
i had to restore an old version of dimension from my Time Machine, couse the installer has deleted it!

i think this ist it:
12 core 3.46GHz

it wont run on these old xeon cpus...

Tom Huber
(Info removed Ussnorway)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get the impression Dimensions is a kind of 'also-ran' app in terms of support, wouldn't surprise me if it eventually goes the same way as Muse!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 03, 2020 Jun 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. 

Mac Pro Mid-2010 

2 x 3,33 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon

64 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

AMD R9 xxx 4 GB 

MacOS Mojave.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was on Mojave now Catalina, but ADOBE DIMENSION will not pass the splash screen. Very disappointing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2018 Nov 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am so disappointed in Adobe's decision to make the new Dimensions software only work if you have a CPU with AVX coding on it. This decision will keep all us Mac Pro user from being able to upgrade to the new dimensions.  I can't find a replacement CPU with coding that will work on Mac Pros and I really like the ease of working with Dimensions for product sampling for my clients. 

The new Dimensions does work on my MacBook Pro but what takes my Mac Pro 5 mins to render takes an hour on the MacBook Pro.

SO DISAPPOINTED!!!

Mac Pro user if you know of CPU that has AVX coding, please let me know I've got Hackintosh Pro 2010.

Maybe I'm wrong on why it is not working, and someone has solved this, but that is what adobe's support told me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2018 Nov 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here:

• Mac Pro (Mid 2010/5,1) running High Sierra 10.13.6
  • Processor: 2 x 2.4 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon
  • Memory: 32 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
  • Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 5770 1024 MB

Would love to get it working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2018 Nov 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here:

Mac Pro 2010 3,33 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon

MacOS 10.13.6

AMD Radeon RX580

32GB ram

Force quitting the Adobe Dimension CC Helper will get you to the welcome screen but that is frozen as well

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 23, 2018 Nov 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue as others with Dimension...

nothing after the start-up screen.

Mac Pro

3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon

32GB RAM

Radeon RX580

Mojave 10.14.1

First Muse, now Dimension?

Come on Adobe, all us Mac Pro folk need apps to work

on these machines...

Dimension, so near, yet so far. 

peace.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2018 Dec 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add yet another professional user with this issue! Running a 12-core Xeon 3.46GHz Mac Pro, 96GB RAM and 8GB GTX 1070 GPU... and cannot run this little 3D app. Unbelievable!! Actually, Intel reports this CPU as 2011 (introduced), and all other boxes ticked, but still stuck at loading. This approach is becoming more common. Something similar happens with that little paint program, Pixelmator Pro. I can run high-end GIS and scientific apps, no issue, but not put a label on a 3D coke can. How very sustainable, not! Unfortunately, for both Apple and Adobe, this approach to system requirements is going to lose them lots of professional users. Well, I know it already is. Go open source. Just as powerful these days and more system agnostic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 18, 2018 Dec 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep this sucks badly. You have to appreciate that not all graphic designers earn a fortune, so the best way to proceed is an older tower Mac rammed to the gills, with multi core processors, a good pile of RAM and a card like an NVIDIA GTX 980 Ti 6143 MB, this solves horse power for 3D for many of the leading apps. But Adobe decided to drag everyone kicking and screaming on to new processor architecture, bricking a fair bit of the strapped for cash design communities macs with it. Which version will actually work? Is there a good stable graphics card that both Apple Mojave and Adobe like thats future proof to a degree? As it is I have a £600 card thats now a paperweight. Lol. Thanks for your help on this.

Mac Pro (Mid 2010)

3.46 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon

64 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

Macintosh OS SSD

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6143 MB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2019 Jan 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. This is incredibly disappointing.

MacOS High Sierra 10.13.2

2 x 3.46 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon

64GB RAM

Nvidia Geforce GTX 1080Ti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I can confirm after going to even more expense - top of my budget actually - that a Radeon Sapphire 580 is not compatible with this precious software either. Still stuck on start up despite this supposedly being the "go to" card. Thanks Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to further add that on "about this mac" is says the Sapphire RX580 is Metal Compatible, so what more does Adobe want? Sorry but really hacked off with this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 03, 2019 Feb 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A serious company, where you pay a lot of money for subscriptions, and because you use it in a professional environment, should always keep retro compatibility for at least 10 years. What is the issue, its a no brainer. When writing software: First detect CPU and capabilities, then keep old legacy engine as renderer. If newer CPU then go to new render engine. Professional material in a graphic environment is not changed like a smartphone every 2 years, and don't force users to do it !!! There is tons of periphery and complex work flow setup around a software. Get some serious Adobe software guys back from retirement, they can teach you how to write good software. Really upset, mostly because of the silence. For sure I refuse myself to throw perfect material in the garbage that outperforms any IMAC PRO in functionality. If a car maker would do something like this the regulator would fine the company to death. Fix the issue or at least tell us it will not be fixed and I migrate to competition. Thank you for the kind attention. IMG_4953.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 03, 2019 Feb 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly. Articulately put and bang on. Bricking hardware and moving on is highly irresponsible in an age of decreasing resources and increasing obsolescence I have the equivalent of two cards now, a high end Nvidia CUDA and a high end metal compatible Radeon RX580 (I was informed to buy by Adobe/Apple) neither of which will work with this software. Apple are the pits too with Mojave, with no support for mac pro chipsets, telling us to buy graphics cards from a list, that then don't work. Like you say, just write another code path. The fact that most 3D runs on CUDA GPU cards shows how blinkered Adobe and Apple are. So yeah, carry on hiding, and it'll go away... very responsible attitude there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2019 Feb 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgraded my trusty Mac Pro (Mid 2010) to 2 x 3.46 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon / Radeon RX 580 8192 MB / 64 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 and Dimensions still won't move past the splash screen...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 05, 2019 Feb 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well Adobe's rendering engine so far - the one that actually works with Dimension and a GPU card rather than an overcooking CPU is this... so rather than developing software compatible with the vast majority of CUDA or OpenCL cards they chose this. They might roll out support for other cards I guess but its a bit back to front thinking. This cards £1200 by the way...  The last line describes the technology Dimension is employing as a GPU renderer. This probably explains the delay and the vagueness from Adobe as to what card exactly works with Dimension.

"The Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti is an especially powerful GPU that will easily exceed 60 fps in 4K in all the best PC games. Not only is it dramatically more powerful than the Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti that preceded it, this is the best graphics card for pushing the boundaries of computer graphics forward with ray tracing and AI-driven Tensor cores."

Essentially it enables live rotation changes to designs and very accurate, large and fast updating render previews.

NVIDIA and Adobe Bring NVIDIA RTX Technology to Designers - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you all been paying attention to the PR catastrophe between NVidia and it's customers concerning the 2080Ti? This Seems Rushed... - GeForce RTX Review - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 06, 2019 Feb 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There should be support for CUDA cards by both Adobe and Apple, particularly if the latter could resolve their beef with NVidia and actually support it in Mojave OS. For 3D CUDA would have been the logical choice given it's multi lane number crunching ability, choosing a ray tracing system (that's very slow on games) nobody's heard of is just a bit crazy on established software. As it is with Dimension I have a 6GB CUDA card that does nothing. The difference between CUDA, Open GL and Open CL is here... https://www.videomaker.com/article/c15/19313-cuda-vs-opencl-vs-opengl

So cut to the current situation...  I bought a RADEON RX580 8GB Open CL /GL card to appease Apple Mojave and Dimension, which doesn't work. BUt have decided to put my CUDA back in and give up on the woefully slow and flawed Adobe Dimension. Dimension was handy for intuitive mock ups, but since every other major 3D software uses CUDA, what's the point as I can only run one card at a time?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just downloaded this software today...for the first time. Having the same issue. Will not launch.

OS 10.13.6

2.93 GHz Intel Core i7

20 GB 1333 Mhz DDR3

ATI Radeon HD 5750 1024 MB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2019 Feb 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The question was answered, may I Kindly ask what the answer was?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines