• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Photoshop Elements 6.0 - Updater

New Here ,
Oct 17, 2014 Oct 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, i use Adobe Photoshop Elements 6.0 on an IMac Late 2009, OSX Mavericks (all Updates are new). I will change to OSX Yosemite and will update Adobe Photoshop Elements 6.0 before. I tried to Update, but the Adobe Updater gets no Internet Connection. I tried it without Firewall..... but no Connection. Can i download an Adobe Photoshop Elements 6.0 Update manuell? I've seen there s an Update for Adobe Photoshop Elements 9.03. Could i use this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 17, 2014 Oct 17, 2014

There is a difference between updates and upgrades.  UPdates are modifications to specific version, such as in your case you own version 6.  Version 9 is an upgrade which you would have to have purchased to acquire.  Version 9 is no longer for sale by Adobe.

If you want to see what updates are available for version 6 then try the following page:

Direct Updates
-----------------

https://www.adobe.com/downloads/updates/

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a difference between updates and upgrades.  UPdates are modifications to specific version, such as in your case you own version 6.  Version 9 is an upgrade which you would have to have purchased to acquire.  Version 9 is no longer for sale by Adobe.

If you want to see what updates are available for version 6 then try the following page:

Direct Updates
-----------------

https://www.adobe.com/downloads/updates/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, thanks for Information. Another question: do you know if Adobe Photoshop Elements 6.0 works with the new OSX Yosemite? And if not, what do i have to do?

Buy a new Adobe Photoshop Elements?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know much of anything when it comes to Mac systems and the software they support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2017 Oct 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK Don ...Ned ...whomever,I have Adobe 6.0 I had for years since I got my first PC back in 2005 give R take a year never was able to connect.And have been wondering since my disc version is now downloaded on my xps 8900 and still gets this message. Is their updates that I missed out on through out the years.I got OS Win 10 Pro installed.And still cannot connect with my product key.How can I get tthis hooked to the Adobe server or what ever you call it so it is registered and I might be able to reap the benefits of updates for this 6.0 version????Are is this no longer supported???I have Photoshop Elements 14 but never use it cause it is hard to understand,my old faithful 6.0 I am familiarized With.Adobe version.pngAdobe will not connect.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 17, 2017 Oct 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The registration from pse 6 no longer works and it's optional anyway and you probably already registered pse 6 when you installed it on your old computer, so there is no need to register again.

To stop the registration dialog from appearing again run pse 6 as an administrator and the click on Never Register.

Right click on the pse 6 shortcut, click on More and then click on Run as Administrator.

The only update for pse 6 is camera raw 5.6, which you can get the installer from here:

Adobe - Photoshop Elements : For Windows : Camera Raw 5.6 update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You Jeff for this answer,now I can move on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 22, 2022 Oct 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That link doesn't seem to work anymore, does anyone have the new link to this file, and how to do the update ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 23, 2022 Oct 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Lokitoz - Photoshop Elements 6 is a an old version from 2008. It is no longer supported so is why any updates for this version are no longer available. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines