Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't install Adobe InDesign CS2 on Parallels on MacBook Pro

Apr 11, 2016 Apr 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I received a copy of Adobe InDesign CS2 from a company that is not using it any more because they switched to the Adobe Cloud Program. When I try to set it up, it always acts like the serial number I have is for an upgrade and not for the base version of the program. How do I resolve this issue as it is a little frustrating since it will not work?

Thanks for all the help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there some kind of way that it needs to be priorly deactivated before I can use it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The original versions of CS2 programmes (Mac and PC) can’t be used anymore as the activation server has been turned off.

See the link below for details:

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/creative-suite-2-activation-end-life.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I just entered the code on my account and it took it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, but it sounds as if it actually WAS an upgrade. Meaning they need to transfer to you the original license that was upgraded as well as the new CS2. Frankly,  because the activation servers are turned off, I'm not sure it's possible to transfer any more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines