• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't install Lightroom

Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2022 Dec 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom disappeared from my laptop overnight, I don't know why. Creative Cloud said it's installed, but it wasn't installed, no folder was found, nothing turned up in Search. When I clicked Open, nothing happened. When I clicked Open (Intel), I got error "File not found".

I've uninstalled it. After clicking Install, it installed in... 1 second. But it didn't really install, nothing happened, no folder was created, nothing was downloaded, it went from 0% to 99% in 1 second. Again, clicking Open did nothing, Open (Intel) said that File not found.

I've reinstalled CC. I've used Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool. Nothing. It didn't work.

All my other apps download and work just fine, only Lightroom doesn't (normal Lightroom, not Classic).

I can't really find any real support, any help?

macOS Ventura (newest), Apple silicon M1 Pro chip.

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 21, 2022 Dec 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... only Lightroom doesn't (normal Lightroom, not Classic).

By @Radeghost

What do you mean with "normal Lightroom"?

Which Lightroom version you talk about? 

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.5 - Nik Collection 6.8 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 22, 2022 Dec 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are 2 lightrooms in CC app, Lightroom and Lightroom Classic. I refer to normal Lightroom, version 6.1 (but 6.0 and 5.5 dont work as well)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Radeghost 

the last lightroom 6 version is 6.14.  its installer is here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/lightroom-6-end-of-support.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... the last lightroom 6 version is 6.14.  its installer is here:

By @kglad

I don't think the thread opener means the perpetual verions of Lightroom. In my opinion it's the cloud based version. It's always version 6.1 at the moment.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.5 - Nik Collection 6.8 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i dont mean the old lightroom... i mean the newest one

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you want the newest, you should use the cc desktop app. if your cc desktop app is malfunctioning:

reset the cc desktop app by making sure it's in the foreground, then press:

Win: Ctrl + Alt + R
Mac: Cmd + Opt + R

if that fails, repair per https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-install-stuck.html

if that fails, uninstall using the correct uninstaller from https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html#sa_src=web-mes... and then reinstall using*

if that fails, do a clean cc install carefully following each applicable step:

uninstall every cc app including preferences per https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove-app.html

then uninstall the cc desktop app, again using the correct uninstaller per https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html#sa_src=web-mes...

clean your computer of cc files per http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

check for, and if available, update your os

if windows is your os, repair all ms visual c++ versions that can be repaired (use google if you don't know how to do this)

if windows is your os update your ms visual c++, if it can be updated (use google if you don't know how to do this)

restart your computer (don't skip this)

reinstall the cc desktop app using*

use the "alternative download links" at the bottom of the page at https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-app-download.html

use the desktop app to install your cc programs/trials

NOTE: win 11 users that have trouble with the latest win 10 installer often have success with the older win 10 installer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've reinstalled CC. I've used Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool. Nothing. It didn't work.

By @Radeghost

Do you have rebootet your machine after using the Cleaner Tool?

If not try a clean installation again.

If this doesn't help I would suggest a complete and clean reinstallation by following the steps below:

if you're unable to install the cc desktop app at this stage, use an administrator account (solution 4 here, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/creative-cloud-missing-damaged.html)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes and I tried every step from troubleshooting. Its Adobe issue. Seen other threads with Lightroom installation problem on macOS Ventura. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there are some problems with lr and venture, but it installs, https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/known-issues.html#ventura

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your link is about Lightroom Classic. I don't have problem with Lightroom Classic, as I've stated in the post. It's about Lightroom Desktop 6.1. The newest one. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ive found 3 threads in this forum with the same issue as mine on Ventura. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so?

do you think that indicates all users have the problem you're having?  

50%?, 10%, 1%, 30/6million? etc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

in the end it doesn't matter what percentage, unless it's nearly all indicating it can't easily be done.

create a new user in your mac and see if you can install lr for that user.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines