• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud updates are too slow

Explorer ,
Mar 15, 2018 Mar 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creative Cloud updates are too slow. It's 2018 and Adobe's service is so poor it is ridiculous.

Hello Adobe ... Is anyone listening?

Is Adobe planning to fix the problem or leave it like it has been since the beginning of Creative Cloud?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Nov 09, 2018 Nov 09, 2018

Yes, absolutely serious.

In fact, just tried another quick test with Illustrator CC...

1.5 GB installer file for macOS, and downloading took 42 seconds start-to-finish.

This is using the CC 2019 direct links with a wired Internet connection (i.e., using a cable instead of Wi-Fi)... The point is to remove as many external variables as possible (e.g., Wi-Fi speed) to test the speed & bandwidth of the actual download servers themselves.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Apr 28, 2023 Apr 28, 2023

@Joseph29638474u3jo 

restart your computer and check if the update completed.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 15, 2018 Mar 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

What exactly is the issue you are asking about – could you please be more specific?

Not really sure what you mean by, "updates are too slow."

If you could provide more details, including about your system and what you are trying to do, that would help.

You can also file an official report directly with Adobe here:

Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 16, 2018 Mar 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not that complex. Downloading Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Illustrator, Premiere, etc apps or app updates from adobe.com subdomains is very slow, whether it's via the Creative Cloud app or via direct links, regardless of operating system, computer, internet connection,  ISP, location. It is not a new problem. It has been true for Creative Cloud apps for many years. Support tickets are useless - always blaming it on the end user. Run the cleaner, uninstall, reinstall, remove temp files or prefs. It's been mentioned many times - just search the forum. Have you ever tried downloading the same size file from a site that works? It can be fast.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 19, 2018 Mar 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, so you're talking about download speeds from Adobe's servers – that wasn't clear from your original post...

Can't agree with what you wrote, however – at least regarding download speeds...

As a test, I just started a download of the standalone installer for Illustrator CC 2018 (64-bit) using the Creative Cloud 2018 direct links, with Google Chrome... This file is 2 GB in size.

Download start time: 11:08:00 AM

Download completion time: 11:08:52 AM

Total download time: 52 seconds for 1.99 GB (2,139,070,464 bytes).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2018 Aug 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also experiencing VERY slow updates from CC.  It has historically been very slow, but now it seems to be even worse than usual.   I have been running the Installing Photoshop CC from the Creative Cloud app for about an hour and it says 21% done.  That is ridiculous!  Adobe has already annoyed many customers by "renting" their software instead of selling it.  When you "rent" software to customers, you should at least provide a reasonable methodology for downloading the programs.  Having to wait hours to update the software is NOT reasonable.

Once again... Adobe, are you listening?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2018 Oct 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can agree what we on my company in Sweden have very slow download too. I started to update my CS/DC-apps last Friday and it took whole day. Our IT-support only conclusion is there is a slow download from Adobes website.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2018 Nov 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you serious? Adobe Cloud and downloads/installs have been slow and clunky for years.

If you downloaded 2 Gigs of install in 50 seconds, well congratulations. I highly suspect that is not typical for most users.

My install on just Photoshop is stuck on 20 percent after 5 minutes. And I live in a major metropolitan area in the USA, not on Gilligan's Island.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 09, 2018 Nov 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, absolutely serious.

In fact, just tried another quick test with Illustrator CC...

1.5 GB installer file for macOS, and downloading took 42 seconds start-to-finish.

This is using the CC 2019 direct links with a wired Internet connection (i.e., using a cable instead of Wi-Fi)... The point is to remove as many external variables as possible (e.g., Wi-Fi speed) to test the speed & bandwidth of the actual download servers themselves.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 14, 2018 Dec 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had a thought looking at the links ProDesignTools posted. Those links and files are hosted at prodesigntools.com not adobe's normal addresses

I would bet that prodesigntools the user is on the same network as where the files linked to are actually located. Thus ProDesignTools is simply crossing the local lan similar to accessing a file share. Which is why that person can download a 2GB file in less than a minute. Downloading a file you host locally isn't a test of adobe's download speeds its a test of your own servers and network.

I am also having significant download issues with CC 2 days of trying to get the apps installed for a user. The MAX i have seen adobe pulling data down at is 5.2mbps small b. While I can do speed tests all day long of 90+mbps across different sites and vendors. In fact, I just tried Bing's generic speed test and got 189.94mbps down 124mbps up.

It is a definitive speed issue on adobe's part. Whether they refuse to pay enough to not be throttled by their cloud services, or they simply are bogged down with their own offices.

Between the speed issues and CC just randomly stalling at percentages for no discernible reason, I can honestly say, the price charged for CC apps vs the quality provided does not seem equitable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 27, 2019 Feb 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's not direct links mate. What could be more direct than using the Adobe Manager and choosing update there?
I don't want to go to your site to roam around clicking links that are not direct at all. This is not a best answer at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 01, 2019 Mar 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guys, all those downloads come from Adobe's servers.

ProDesignTools does not host any software downloads, which wouldn't even be allowed by Adobe.

Plenty of customers need and use the CC direct download links every day for very good reasons​, instead of the Creative Cloud Desktop app (download manager).

Hope that helps clarify.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2019 Mar 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only thing you're clarifying is your complete disinterest in helping to fix the issue. But there is probably no way you could, so that's forgiven.

Adobe CC is, however, a complete joke of a program. My company uses super fast fiber cabled internet and we can download any 2GB file in less than a minute as well. On any site and in any program. Adobe CC, however? Downloading Illustrator, which as you said is also around 2GB, took slightly less than 2 hours. TWO HOURS over here in the Netherlands. One of those hours was wasted by just being stalled at 79%.

I don't know if you actually work at Adobe and are in their HQ, but if you are, you pulling something like Illustrator in less than a minute obviously means nothing at all. As hellobub carefully explained.

Adobe CC is a frustrating pile of trash. We have the 'All Apps' plan and we wasted a full working day just waiting for all of them to finish updating. It's just absolutely horrendous and inexcusable. It stalled our work for the entire day and literally lost us income.
We pay Adobe quite a lot every month to use these apps - offering normal servers and download speeds is among the least you should do in return.

It has been years of this crap. It's high time for this bunch of ingrates to do something about it. And I'm not talking about some weak, empty and lackluster "uh but I downloaded it fast" response from a 'MVP'. The problem is there for almost every user and you can stop being disrespectful by pretending like it isn't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

neebedankt  wrote

The only thing you're clarifying is your complete disinterest in helping to fix the issue. But there is probably no way you could, so that's forgiven.

You should read what got clarified: a user suspected ProDesignTools would host Adobe software locally, so his speed indications would be for local transfer. This claim however has 3 flaws:

• first Adobe would not allow third party to store their software, out of control of Adobe
  • second ProDesignTools surely uses a hosting provider for his websites, except if ProDesignTools is a hoster himself.
  • third ProDesignTools would need a lot of bandwidth if it would offer Adobe software for download and bandwidth is a huge cost factor.

neebedankt  wrote

It has been years of this crap. It's high time for this bunch of ingrates to do something about it. And I'm not talking about some weak, empty and lackluster "uh but I downloaded it fast" response from a 'MVP'. The problem is there for almost every user and you can stop being disrespectful by pretending like it isn't.

If you're having problems on your infrastructure and some other users do not have and are reporting a test they did, there is nothing disrespectful. Your whole rant, however, is disrespectful.

If Adobe software is, as you claim, is a frustrating pile of trash, you should stop using that software. I do not have the same download speed as PrDesignTools has, but for sure, I do not loose a whole day to download the software.

Just to say: it took me 16 minutes to download the 2GB Illustrator for Mac. Yes, that's more than ProDesignTools, And that was during high traffic time on our shared line.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

You're telling me I'm having problems with my infrastructure and am calling Adobe software trash. And you're telling me I should read things better.

Maybe I should, but you're not setting a good example. Because I literally said my infrastructure is working perfectly and Adobe CC is the only app in existence with such horrifying download speeds. PhilMichigan's post above me once again points out that the problem lies with CC.
I am also not calling Adobe software trash - the software is the best. I am calling Adobe CC trash. You know, the Creative Cloud app used to download and install said software.

But you know all that perfectly well, because you're not blind. I hold no hard feelings towards you brother, but you're just beating around the bushes by insinuating falsehoods in an attempt to start useless and off topic arguments.
And that's what we're used to when things are getting serious. It's what I'm rapidly growing tired of. So let's not avoid the true problem here any longer:

Adobe Creative Cloud's download speeds are inexcusably trash and the problem lies with Adobe.

You don't have to try to teach me a lesson about respect. I know enough about it to know that charging me 70 bucks a month and still not having this basic issue fixed after so many years is not it. Doing everything in your power to blame your paying customers when they start complaining about it is also not it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2019 Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with your comment 100%. "Adobe Creative Cloud's download speeds are inexcusably trash and the problem lies with Adobe."

For what they charge for a subscription, this is unacceptable. I've been trying to update InDesign since yesterday afternoon. Left my computer on all night and still only at 30% complete.

Not acceptable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again, if/when needed, you do not have to use the Creative Cloud Desktop app – you can download the CC tools without it via the direct links mentioned in previous responses...

Adobe Creative Cloud 2019 Direct Download Links, for Windows and macOS

Just tested yet again using a business Gigabit Ethernet connection. Not at Adobe.

It took less than 40 seconds using the Chrome browser to download After Effects CC 2019, which is a 2.0 GB file.

after effects download.png

Obviously time to download will vary depending on Internet connection speeds and distance/latency from Adobe's download servers, but the native/raw speed of those servers does not appear to be an issue.

Run SpeedTest yourself to see what your own computer's connection speed is:

https://www.speedtest.net/

speedtest-gigabit-ethernet.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the links. I'll try it for myself when I get home. Previous posts also pointed out that they're just as bad, so I'm curious. I don't know why you seem to be the only one without these issues. Maybe over in the EU things get different.

Still - they have a dedicated app for downloading and updating all Adobe programs in place, in the form of Creative Cloud. That's a convenience they make us pay for as well. But then this CC app proceeds to perform so poorly that apparently users have to go online, manually find links to download (let alone update) apps with and turning the whole process into a big nuisance, if they don't want to lose loads of time and thus money.

I mean, if your links work better then that's nothing more than a handy workaround. It doesn't make the problems with the CC app any less inexcusable. The CC app is the true, meant and paid way of maintaining the Adobe apps and it needs to be fixed big time. It's bad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m 10 times slower than your are, and on my net are rawly 300 people competing for bandwidth (I do not know how much bandwidth of the total is allocated to each individual), so I would say that +- your times and my times are in-line.

Using the app is slower, but I never experienced a 3 hours per 25% slow down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 26, 2019 Jun 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If downloading from web links outside the CC desktop app is much faster, as you say, then that in itself is a tacit admission that there is a problem with using the CC Desktop app and the problem cannot be with users' connectivity speeds. In fact, your repeated assertion that "you do not have to use" the CC Desktop app confirms that you know this very well. What annoys people on these forums is the constant deflection from this central point and the false assertion that the problem lies with the users. This comes across as some sort of Adobe policy or instruction to forum mods to stonewall the issue because they are either unwilling or unable to solve it.

Be that as it may, there are good reasons for not wanting to download updates from other links. For example: by using direct downloads you do not get notifications of incremental updates and bug fixes, so you may not even know that a new version is available and the direct download may not be the very latest patches. Direct downloads may not maintain user preferences from previous versions, and the easy ability to roll back to or choose previous versions will not be visible on the desktop.

If you are recommending that users abandon the CC Desktop app as an updating tool, then what is the point in Adobe publishing it!? There are many good features to it, but it seems to be an extremely widespread experience that downloading updates to the apps is glacially slow (I've got time to write this post rather than do productive work at the moment because there are bug-fix updates downloading right now 😉 ) This has nothing to do with connection speeds, as (again) your answer inherently concedes, otherwise the links on Pro Design Tools would be equally slow!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It’s irrelevant now. In the time since the last message, Adobe have removed all the direct links.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, the point about slow downloads in the desktop app and avoiding the issue still stands. The older post about direct links merely illustrated the fact that the problem is not with user connection speeds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has definitely not removed all the direct download links... Only for the older versions of most apps:

Adobe Limits Software Version Downloads, Including Some Direct Links

To answer the other questions. Using CC Desktop app can provide other benefits, such as described here:

Use the Creative Cloud desktop app to manage your apps and services

Regardless, even if an application has been installed via the direct download links, the CC Desktop app will still treat it the same as if it had installed the product itself, and regarding any available incremental updates or bug fixes, etc.

And if direct links are faster for some users, it would be because there is no additional overhead in managing their downloads if they already have a robust and reliable Internet connection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dude just stop. no one cares how fast YOU can download. Adobe CC downloads are slow af for 99% of people with gigabit fiber.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You forget that there are users where the system works perfectly via the cc app: Re: Creative Cloud updates are too slow !

I had today again some updates and I even could not check my mails so fast was Adobe updating their programs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2020 Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I like how you link a post on your cute website with affilate links, why not post the direct links here? Shady.

To everyone else, before you give him/her any Ad money:

replace the https://prodesigntools.com/prdl-download/ in his download links with http://prdl-download.adobe.com/

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines