• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS3 will not connect to internet to Validate, because Adobe no longer supports. What do I do?

New Here ,
Aug 25, 2022 Aug 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased Adobe Create Suite 3 (CS3) in 2007, when I first set up my business. has worked fine on my old PC ever since.
Yesterday decided to install it on my (much later) laptop as well, and it Installs OK but then asks me to "Validate via internet; or via telephone, or do it later"
Apparentyl I have 30 days to complete this part of the Install and then...well, what...???
Does it automatically lock me out? Stop working?
Asked Adobe and the bot reckons I need to upgrade to the latest 'pay by the hour' version.
Fook that!
It's why I bought the damn CDs in the 1st place.
Anyone got any clue as to how I can either Validate the software, OR prevent it from Deactivating at the end of 30 days..??
And please don't tell me the newst vewrsion is so much better.
It ain't broke, so I ain't fixin to "fix" it...
P'd off with Adobe.
I paid GOOD money for this software and have barely used it.

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Mark258178728n09,

There is nothing that can be done now. There was a period when Adobe was giving out installers that could do the activation offline but that bus has also left station now and with the activation servers pulled down there is no legitimate way online/offline that could be used to activate.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What @Manan Joshi said. CS3 is dead and can no longer be used.

See Adobe's notes at this Helpx article

https://helpx.adobe.com/au/download-install/kb/activation-deactivation-help.html

CS2, CS3, CS4, OR ACROBAT 7, 8, 9, ACROBAT X, ACROBAT XI, AND 3D

"Our aging activation servers for earlier versions of Acrobat and Creative Suite (CS) applications had to be retired. You won't be able to activate these apps, as these activation servers are no longer available.

Affected applications include Creative Suite 2, 3, and 4, Acrobat 7, 8, and 9 (Standard and Professional), Acrobat X, Acrobat XI, and Acrobat 3D Version 8."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issues. So my Acrobat Pro X is doomed if I try to reload it? BUT it sounds like their may be hope for my Creative Suite 5.5 Premium on CD ROM? I purchased this 10 years ago but Adobe can find no record of my registration of the Serial Number. I want to re install it on a new MacBook Pro and am hoping it will work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 26, 2022 Aug 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, that's not quite the same. CS3 was switched off. CS5 not yet (but surely will one day). Acrobat 7 and 8 switched off, Acrobat X not yet.

But anyway NOT of these will install on a new MacBook. Apple has blocked all old fashioned software; you need to budget for complete new replacements (subscriptions).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2022 Aug 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for this information.
Below I listed the hardware and software that I am trying to sort out. Originally this software was loaded onto my previous MacBook Pro and then when that stopped working the data was retrieved and transferred onto my current MacBook Pro in January 2015. I never reloaded the Adobe software. Illustrator 5.5 was transferred which is what I mainly use however I would now like to learn Photoshop.
Can I successfully delete, reload my software (via external CD ROM Drive) in the relevant stages and activate it via internet to end up with a functioning Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 Design Premium Upgrade Version on my current set up? My concern if I try to do this is that I will lose the function of Illustrator CS5.5 and Adobe Acrobat Pro x that I already have.
MY CURRENT LAPTOP
MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014)
Processor 2.5 GHz intel Core i7
Memory 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB
NO CD ROM (I use an external CD drive)
SYSTEM
macOS Sierra Version 10.12.6
ADOBE SOFTWARE
Adobe Creative Suite 2 Premium CDs & came with Acrobat 8 
with Adobe Creative Suite 2 Premium 2.3 Upgrade CDs
then Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 Design Premium Upgrade Version internet activation required.
Acrobat was upgraded to Acrobat Pro X
I have all serial numbers for the Creative Suites. I think Acrobat was an automatic upgrade?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2022 Aug 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can't do anything now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines