• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error code 50

Community Beginner ,
Mar 20, 2014 Mar 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed the instructions to rename OODB folder to OODB.old.  Creative Cloud disappeared from my desk top. I then went to www.adobe.com/go/applicationmanager to dowmload Creative Cloud desktop manager.  During the installation I got error message 50.  Do I need to reload all of Creative Cloud?  If so, how is the best way to do this? At the present time Iam not able to use photoshop.  Please help me.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 20, 2014 Mar 20, 2014

Billgeo, Jre, and Fabio.duarte please see Error "Failed to Install" Creative Cloud Desktop application - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/failed-install-creative-cloud-desktop.html for information on how to resolve your current error.  If you continue to receive an error 50 can you please post a screen shot of the error?

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 107 Replies 107
Explorer ,
Mar 21, 2014 Mar 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to successfully update Creative Cloud Desktop after the following:

Reboot Windows

Run CC Cleaner Tool

Install downloaded Creative Cloud Desktop setup

Probably it would have worked the first time if I rebooted after using the tool. I found a suggestion to reboot in another thred in this forum.

There must be something that was still in memory that blocked the installation.

BTW, my platform is Win 7 Professional SP1, 64-bit.

I only wish I hadn't seen the notification that there is *another* Creative Cloud Desktop update. I'm skipping it. I've had enough fun...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2014 Mar 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cant get it to work.

in the log file there are 6 lines with erros or warnings:

03/22/14 10:52:12:600 | [WARN] |  | ASU | OPM | OPM |  |  | 4436 | Failed in key3List generation

03/22/14 10:52:12:600 | [ERROR] |  | ASU | OPM | CryptEngine |  |  | 4436 | Failed in key3List generation

03/22/14 10:52:17:340 | [ERROR] |  | ASU | PIM | PIM |  |  | 4476 | Failed to create backup folder.

03/22/14 10:52:17:390 | [FATAL] |  | ASU | PIM | PIM |  |  | 4476 | Failed to create backup folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE\PDApp\UWA

03/22/14 10:52:17:660 | [FATAL] |  | ASU | PIM | PIM |  |  | 4476 | package installation failed and the return code was 50

03/22/14 10:52:17:660 | [ERROR] |  | ASU | PIM | PIM |  |  | 4476 | Failed to install with return code: 50

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 24, 2014 Mar 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update Guyphillips4321.

Maxim Zy if you or others are facing the same error in the future you may also want to try the adjusting the file permissions on the C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE\PDApp\ as the error indicates a failure trying to create the UWA directory.  Details can be found on how to adjust file permissions at Error "Exit 6" or "Exit 7" | Install log | Read, write, system file errors | CS5, CS5.5 - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/error-exit-6-exit-7.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Jeff. I really hope we can get rid of those errors. Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 30, 2014 Mar 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

your chat support is a joke.

DO NOT GO TO CHAT SUPPORT

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 31, 2014 Mar 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Klubjunky I am sorry you are facing difficulties with your Adobe software.  This is a rather old discussion thread but is the error you are receiving the same as message #1 posted on November 20, 2013?  If so have you tried the steps listed within this discussion?

You may also want to review Error "Failed to Install" Creative Cloud Desktop application - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/failed-install-creative-cloud-desktop.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2014 Nov 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The link  http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/failed-install-creative-cloud-desktop.html does not help in resolving error code 50. It only discusses the error code 1. What helped in my case was to kill all applications and services with Adobe in their name through Task manager and then install again. Don't know if uninstalling Creative Cloud was needed first or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2015 Jan 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have uninstalled with CC cleaner which went fine, and am now trying to re-install but the same error has come up (below), please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same error code 50 problem here...

Had trouble with every update in the past. Always used the cleaner tool to delete everything, so i could reinstall creative cloud.

In past, the cleaner tool always said "removed CC with ERRORS", but reinstallation worked.

Now it said "Successfully removed CC" but not able to reinstall...

I need a fast solution please! Have to work with these programs!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 01, 2014 Jun 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately there are no fast solutions. I have been afflicted with this CC desktop update failure for almost every upgrade release since the beginning of the CC program as an early adopter.  I did get one month of free CC for all the hassles and wasted time so maybe I will get another month as we hack away with tech support to fix these issues. CC desktop is a critical single point of fail for all the Adobe CC products so you would think they might make getting it fixed a priority.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 02, 2014 Jun 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to solve this issue on our machines thanks to the Adobe french support.

Here is their solution (a full clean up) :

1) Minimal startup :

Mac : http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/start-safe-boot-mode-mac.html

Windows : http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310353

2) Delete these Adobe folders :

(http://helpx.adobe.com/fr/x-productkb/global/delete-previously-installed-application-files.html)

Mac :

/Applications/

/Applications/Utilities/Adobe

/Library/Application Support/Adobe/

/Library/Application Support/FLEXnet Publisher/

/Library/Preferences/

/Library/Preferences/FLEXnet Publisher/

/Library/Logs/Adobe/

Windows :

C:\Programmes\Adobe\

C:\Program Files\Adobe\

C:\Program Files (X86)\Adobe\

C:\Programmes\Common Files\Adobe\

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\

C:\Program Files (X86)\Common Files\Adobe\

3) Access hidden folders :

Mac :

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/access-hidden-user-library-files.html

Windows :

http://windows.microsoft.com/fr-fr/windows/show-hidden-files#show-hidden-files=windows-7

4) Delete the following Adobe folders :

Mac :

~Library/Application Support/Adobe/

~Library/Caches/Adobe/

~Library/Caches/com.adobe*

~Library/Preferences/Adobe/

~Library/Preferences/com.adobe*

* = filenames start with

Windows :

C:\ProgramData\Adobe\

C:\Users\<your account>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe

C:\Users\<your account>\AppData\Local\Adobe

5) Empty Bin.

6) Download Creative Cloud Desktop Manager :

https://creative.adobe.com/products/creative-cloud

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 02, 2014 Jun 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I will take a pass on that solution

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are so many tricks and gimicks that I've personally tried and so far have been able to overcome this :

1.) I always log in to the creative cloud website before i attempt the update.  (75% of the time this allows it to install correctly.  Why?  Who knows.)

2.) If 1. fails, I uninstall the program, re-install it, and make sure that I have done 1. above before installing it (This works for about 20% of the time.)

3.) I have only "cleaned adobe data" once and then redownloaded the cloud application, and then make sure 1. above was done before reinstalling.  (This worked the remaining 5%).

Why it's so difficult to install this?  Who knows, but I think I speak for everyone involved when I say : ENOUGH ADOBE!  FIX YOUR CRAP!

You guys are a multi-billing dollar company.  Have you never heard of quality assurance before? 

Enough Said.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TTHS, Clap, clap, clap!

As I said, SHAME ON YOU, ADOBE!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Fabio.Duarte.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TTHS Holdings I am sorry that you have faced a difficult experience utilizing your Creative Cloud membership.  If you can also provide information regarding the operating system you are using and the specific errors within your installation log it would be appreciated.

If you would prefer to have a member of our support team work with you directly then please contact our support team per the link in message #10.  You are welcome to also post your case number to this discussion thread and I would be happy to review the interaction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2014 Apr 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff, there are countless errors in the file resulting from my last attempt on the 20th of March.  Would you like me to send you the file and you can go through it?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2014 Oct 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updating following a trial, and already running into issues. (not a good sign)

TheStormFury's tips worked for me, so far.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 07, 2014 Oct 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For future posters to this discussion please be aware this discussion started on March 20, 2014.  There have been several revisions of the Creative Cloud Desktop since that time and the solutions which were discussed previously may not be applicable for version 1.8.0.477 of the Creative Cloud Desktop application.  You can find a list of the release notes at Creative Cloud Help | Creative Cloud app for desktop | Release Notes.

If you are experiencing download errors then please see Error downloading Creative Cloud applications - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/error-downloading-cc-apps.html for information on how to resolve download errors.  While Error 50 specifically is not listed there is guidance on how to locate your download log as well as troubleshoot any connection failures.

Finally I would encourage anyone continuing to face difficulties to start a new discussion in the Creative Cloud Download & Install forum - Community: Creative Cloud Download & Install | Adobe Community.  Please include the specifics of the difficulties you are experiencing and any errors you are able to locate within your download log.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 08, 2014 Oct 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I pointed out that I run as full Admin and the folder and everything in it is full control for admin so that is not the problem as well as the person talking about firewall issues. Been there done that

to the point of getting two free months of CC subscription for the number of hours logged on these problems with Adobe support. Problems which keep recurring and are well known to the

Adobe crew in India support. Who have been great for fixing this when I had to make it work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 28, 2014 Mar 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For what it's worth. I run into this issue twice on my Win7 machine while connected to my work's VPN network. I disconnected from the network, then right clicked on "creativecloudset-up.exe" and chose "run as administrator" and this time it installed fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the SECOND time i've had to install and do this cleaner B.S.

I'm not impressed.

You have thousands of customers with the problem.

What part of customer satisfaction, customer retention, customer SUPPORT do you not understand?

THis issue has been going on for MONTHS

If there was another company challenging your strangle hold on the design market, would you act this way?

would you put such pathetic effort into support?

I wonder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bravo on deciding to do NOTHING

let the free support at adobe community handle the actual support, put out a delete tool. *sorry 'cleaner' tool.. and ask everybody to reinstall.

Using the very simple 5 step fix.

Oh wait. there are like 3-5 steps within each step..

so darn..

more like 20 steps

REALLYT ADOBE?
I really am rethinking my entire decision to use your web platform now also.

As the same type of '''''support'''' is being used there.

businesscatalyst indeed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OH and I LOVE how non-members dont see all this not so happy stuff.

buy in, sign in and then and ONLY then learn the truth.

How about a simple elegant fix.

too much to ask huh?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 02, 2014 Apr 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it was an "Adobe issue", don't you think the whole world would posts on this forum ?

The issue you encountered is caused by something on your computer.

The health of your machine is not Adobe business. Yet, they still give support.

Who is unreasonable here ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines