• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 6 on a new PC

Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2024 May 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi in have been using Lightroom 6 for years (many thousands of images....) but have just had to buy a new PC.

I know dowloads are discontinued but I still had the original install files and serial numbers, so I did manage to install it, but when I open it I am asked to register the product.

To do this I have to login to Adobe, which confirms registration, but the newly installed program does not seem to recognise it.... So it always asks for registration when I try to open it and I can't make that stick.

Is it really true that if you are unfortunate enough to need to move to a new PC, that's the end for you as a user of LR6????

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

many people are having problems but the problem you're seeing is usually solvable.

did you restart your computer?

does your account show your registration, https://account.adobe.com?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply.

I think I am using the wrong terminology - it is Activation that is not
seeming to do anything (I think I may have referred to it as Registration).

To answer your question, LR6 (and the LR5 that preceded it) are both
showing as registered products on My Adobe.

I have tried several times, with and without reboots, and with and without
firewall (I read somewhere that might be a potential cause).

I am stumped at the moment.

Thanks for your help....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok.  that's more understandable.

try offline activation:

disconnect the installed computer from the internet

Launch the product.

At the Serial Number Validation screen, click Having Trouble Connecting To The Internet.

Click Offline Activation and click Generate a Response Code.

Write down the Request Code.

Switch to an online computer and navigate to www.adobe.com/go/getactivated.

Click Offline Activation.

Sign in with your Adobe ID.

Enter your Request code and click Generate.

Write down the Response code.

Switch back to the offline computer.

Enter the Response Code and click Activate.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/serial-number-validation-launching-cs6.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's amazing - thank you so much.

It took about three goes to work through the process successfully (I get
the impression that Adobe really don't want you to be doing this....), but
I did get there in the end.

Just a tip for anyone else that ever has to do this - cut and paste the
verification request and result codes (I used a thumbnail drive)
because they are 44 characters long, difficult to interpret, and very hard
to reproduce by hand.

Anyway thanks again - I can carry on working as I was, which I'm very happy
about!

Best wishes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that's great news, and thank you for the update!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2024 Jul 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A reply to kglad on this issue.

Thank you very much for coming up with this method of activating Lightroom 6.14. After a Windows re-install, I was horrified to discover that Adobe would not let me install my trusty old Lightroom 6 again. I am 82 years old, a dedicated amateur, delighted with the older version of Lightroom, and not interested in anything newer. And now, thanks to you, I am able to continue on my way (for as long as I am around). A satisfied and loyal customer (despite the lack of a subscription).

Best wishes, John Weaver

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 06, 2024 Jul 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're very welcome. (but adobe's made offline activation available, so they deserve credit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 07, 2024 Jul 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am in your boat too!  I am older and use CS6.  Got a new laptop and cannot seem to get CS6 installed.  Don't want the new stuff because of cost (and how long I might be around too!!).  I am here searching how to get it loaded without a DVD drive on a Windows 11 machine.  I hope you're faring better than I as I am getting a message that says to update my browser and operating system.  Go figure.  I think I'm stuck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@PeachPie 

same solution for you:  

disconnect the installed computer from the internet

Launch the product.

At the Serial Number Validation screen, click Having Trouble Connecting To The Internet.

Click Offline Activation and click Generate a Response Code.

Write down the Request Code.

Switch to an online computer and navigate to www.adobe.com/go/getactivated.

Click Offline Activation.

Sign in with your Adobe ID.

Enter your Request code and click Generate.

Write down the Response code.

Switch back to the offline computer.

Enter the Response Code and click Activate.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/serial-number-validation-launching-cs6.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS6 installed on PC.  Attempting to install CS6 on new laptop but getting Update Browser screen.  I'm assuming you want me to launch it on the new laptop but it's not there yet?  Am I misunderstanding?  
Thank you for taking the time to respond!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2024 Jul 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, it didn't worked for me. 😞 When generating the response code I keep getting the error "Your request cannot be processed. Try again later." (Din anmodning kan ikke behandles. Prøv igen senere.)

I've tried a couple of times now with no success.. Any ideas what's wrong?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

use a different browser 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried both Chrome and Edge. No success. Same error code.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

does the lr version you're trying to install match you geographic location?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know. I'm located in Denmark. I bought Lightroom 5 online at B&H (US) in 2013. Have worked flawlessly untill now. When I go to the link with the Offline Activation it is in English. But as soon as I log in, it switches to Danish.

If my LR version I'm trying to install doesn't match my geographic location as you say, how do I change it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can't change the install file, but if you were in western europe when you purchased it, then it's the correct installataion file.

what if you try a mobile browser with wifi disabled?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tried that. Same result..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that ends the offline activation option for you.

put the problematic computer back online.

install the cc desktop app using the alternative download links at page bottom here, https://helpx.adobe.com/in/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-app-download.html

after installing the cc desktop app (but none of the trials), retry installing lr6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And here's an update, good news for some of us. The offline activation for Lightroom 6.14 has worked for me again, the second time in about two weeks. I had reset and re-installed Windows, then came the first activation. Later it turned out that a defective C: drive was the problem. I bought a new drive, installed Windows 10 from scratch, and then activated Lightroom again. So in some circumstances it still works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@johnweaver13 

for most users, offline activation works.  @Jacob380594473mlu is the only one (that i can remember) for whom it's failed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
5 hours ago 5 hours ago

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another question though, the installer is called "Lightroom 6.0" but eventhough I went offline, ran the installer, it installs a version called Adobe Photoshop Lightroom CC 2015.14 release. That's not the same as the 6.0 is it? If I remember correctly the last version I had was 6.14.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
4 hours ago 4 hours ago

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

no, you have the wrong installer.  if that were the only problem you'd see an invalid serial number message, not a revoked message.

if you saw an invalid serial number you either made an error when entering the number OR you have the wrong installer.  details:

assuming you're using a valid adobe serial number (6 groups of 4 numbers), you have a mismatch between your installation file and serial number. ie, you can have a valid serial number, but if it's for program A and your installation file is for program B, you will see an invalid serial number message.

common mismatches are language/region (eg, serial number is for western europe and installation file is eastern europe), platform (eg, serial number is for a mac and installation file is win), license type (eg, education vs enterprise vs individual). and one of the most common is using a program installation file with a suite's serial number. eg, using a cs6 suite serial number with a photoshop cs6 installation file. that won't work even though photoshop is included in that suite.

you must use the (correct) suite's installation file (and you can choose to only install one program from the suite). here's official info about that error, http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/error-serial-number-valid-product.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the future, to find the best place to post your message, use the list here, https://community.adobe.com/

p.s. i don't think the adobe website, and forums in particular, are easy to navigate, so don't spend a lot of time searching that forum list. do your best and we'll move the post (like this one has already been moved) if it helps you get responses.

<"moved from using the community">

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK...didn't realize.  I thought I was there.  Thx!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines