• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Locked CS2 activation code [CS2 is dead and gone]

New Here ,
Sep 26, 2017 Sep 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i got a new computer and now adobe is asking for an activation code?  help please.

TOPICS
Activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 25, 2019 Jul 25, 2019

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Russj12,

As you have mentioned you would like to install and activate your Adobe CS 2 on your new machine, i would recommend you to refer to the following help document: "Activation server unavailable" error in Adobe CS2, Acrobat 7, and Audition 3.

Note: CS 2 is a very old software it is not compatible with latest operating systems.

Let us know if this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I HAVE IT INSTALLED NOW ON WINDOWS 10, WORKING GREAT BUT IS COUNTING DOWN TO ACTIVATION?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may refer to the link provided in my post above to resolve the activation issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i downloaded the cs2 and it wont accept my serial number?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The activation server for CS2 is long gone, so all previously good activation numbers with the purchased product are now invalid.

You need to follow the instructions from the link posted above to get up and running.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

your link sends me to CS2 products? not sure what other product i can install?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to read everything on this page Download Adobe Acrobat 7 and Adobe Creative Suite 2 products

You need to down load the SPECIAL INSTALLER and make note of the SPECIAL SERIAL NUMBER for the specific installer

Your original serial number will not work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what you're asking, that should be the entire CS2 suite and should not require any online activation.

You just sign in, choose the download for your OS, and use the offline serial number given in the installation process itself.

My guess is you are skipping Step #5 from that link and using the wrong serial number when prompted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2019 May 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just chatted with Support and now all CS2, Audition 3, and Acrobat 7 installers are no longer available for download.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe changed their previous version policies. The only way to get old versions like that now is to contact Adobe Customer Care and, using a valid license that you already have on the older software, get direct links to download them.

They're not available at the old locations anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I tried. But the Adobe rep told me that they aren't available at all. Should they be?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would only be available if you still had valid activation info from a copy of the software that you purchased.

I haven't heard anything about any older versions being completely discontinued, so if you have a legal copy of CS2, you should be able to get the download info from Adobe Customer Care.

It is a brand new policy and there seems to be a lot of confusion with the Adobe Customer Care folks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By activation code you mean the serial number right? (Since activation code sounded like the code you use to get from Adobe via Telephone activation.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The activation code/serial number (whatever they called it back in CS2) would be the code from the physical packaging that you enter to get the program running during installation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2019 Jul 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Illustrator CS2 Authorization

I had to change my motherboard in my computer and reinstalled Illustrator CS2. (My Photoshop, Acrobat, InDesign and Premiere Pro all reinstalled and authorized)  It is asking for a Authorization Code only for Illustrator CS2, where the online and phone authorizations do not work.  I read and went to the links described below and did not find any Special Downloads to obtain an Authorization Code.  My CS2 is a 'lifetime license, non-expiring.  It works fine using my new computer, but it is in the 30-day trial period.  Adobe Help only tells me I need to upgrade and pay a monthly fee.  If this is the case, this is THEFT.  Anyone have any answers?  The Staff's instructions are vague and don't appear to be correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS2 activation servers were permanently taken offline many years ago. 

forrestj1234  wrote

My CS2 is a 'lifetime license,

No it's not.  There is no such thing as a  "lifetime license."  There never was.  According to the Terms of Service you agreed to, you had a perpetual license to use Adobe's CS2 software for as long as the software was supported.  CS2 came out in 2005 and support ended about 18 months later in 2007.   Beyond that you used the software at your own risk. 

At one time, Adobe provided an activation-free installer and replacement serial number for those who had purchased it but that has since been revoked.  The download links are no longer available.  So there is no possible way to activate CS2 beyond the 30 day trial.   Sorry.

You can join the Creative Cloud All Apps plan for US $53/month for 12 months which includes 20+ apps and services.  And all CC plans include free upgrades for as long as you remain a paid member.

Creative Cloud pricing and membership plans | Adobe Creative Cloud

See system requirements

Adobe Creative Cloud system requirements

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 26, 2019 Sep 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you don't want to call it theft, that's fine, but what do you call it? We paid hundreds of dollars for this software. There is nothing that I can think of that compares to this in the software world. Certainly registration and serial numbers are important to prevent product theft and illegal use of the software, but what right does the manufacturer have to turn around, even 10 or 15 years later and tell us, sorry you can't use it any longer? What's the rationale other than they don't want to pay for the servers that dish out the activation code (a process i'm not clear why exists in the first place). Additionally, if Adobe did provide CS2 for free for awhile, then that further adds the question of what the big deal is to them that some people still use CS2. It seems to me they want to push people to the subscription service OR away from Adobe. The latter is going to be my choice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 26, 2019 Sep 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Software has an expected shelf-life of 3-5 years. CS2 was released in 2005 -- nearly 15 years ago. You had a good long run while it lasted. Most machines cannot support it anymore. That's why it has been pulled. Time to move on.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I purchase something and pay money for it I expect to be able to use it forever. Previous people here are correct in that it doesn't take much effort to dish out auth codes. In fact it's bad business. Why piss off prior customers? Most people won't pay the upgrade fee out of sheer principle and thus they are just losing customers. Keep customers happy and they will come back Piss them off and they are gone for good. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 22, 2019 Nov 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"If I purchase something and pay money for it I expect to be able to use it forever"

According to that theory, a carton of eggs and a bottle of milk should last forever, too.  But that's just not how things work.  Nothing lasts forever.  Eventually, all things reach their end of life. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2020 Mar 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A carton of eggs and a bottle of milk??? Seriously? Why would you compare it to that?? If we're going to make ridiculous comparisons how about...  I can buy a rock and it DOES last forever! If I pay exorbitant prices for a software package, my own process of antiquation should eliminate it... not you the original publisher. Your comment that it is no longer compatible with current OS on computers assumes (and there are some people who are less fortunate in this world) that everyone has an up-to-date computer.  So you're simply dictating that "IF YOU ARE OUT OF DATE, WE'RE PREVENTING YOU FROM USING THE SOFTWARE YOU PAID FOR"... real nice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 12, 2020 Mar 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Software is intellectual property.  It has an expected shelf-life.  The shelf life for CS2 ended a long, long time ago. 

I don't make the software.  Adobe makes and owns the software.  They decide how long it's practical to keep supporting a product.  And their decision is final. 

There's not much more to add to this disucsion because CS1, CS2 and CS3 are officially dead.  It's time to move on to newer software or a paid Creative Cloud plan.  Your choice.

OPTIONS:

Photoshop or Premier Elements 2020 (approx $100, no subscription needed)

https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-elements.html

Creative Cloud Photography Plan (approx $10/month for 1 year subscription)

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/photography.html

Creative Cloud All Apps Plan (31 + apps & services)

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/plans.html

Goodbye & good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2020 Jan 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you repeat the party line quite eloquently, but ignoring the obvious issues of FAIRNESS and EQUITY. The fact remains that people should be able to use the software they purchased at their own risk. E.g., the tens of millions worldwide using XP, which continues to work FINE. That may be beside the point. Since Adobe has effectively prevented customers from using the software they purchased earlier on a new computer, I, like many, have concluded that Adobe doesn't want my business. Fine. I haven't bought anything from Adobe in at least a decade. There are obvious alternatives for badly-treated customers. (Gimp and other open-source software is very good, and often without Adobe's illogical UIs)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines