Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need to reinstall older version of Premiere Pro CC

Engaged ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff A Wright

there are plans to restore the ability to install additional versions of Premiere Pro CC

You realize this is insane, right?  To knowingly remove functionality with plans of restoring it?  Not picking on you personally Jeff, but our team spent 6 hours with support yesterday after a mistaken "upgrade" left one of our suites marooned.

We need to be able to hop between differing point releases because each version suffers from noted bugs that are unique to each.  Working with Lumetri and multiple transparencies requires a newer point release--but that version mangles closed captions.  Here in Canada we need to caption everything.  Everything.

Everything.

An instance of Premiere that doesn't do captions properly is useless to us as a finishing tool.

But we had a workaround--this was sooooo easy via the desktop app.  You simply had to pick the point release, choose to reinstall and grab a coffee.  Done.

Yesterday that all ended when it installed the original CC.  The option to grab 2017 had been removed entirely.  To be fair I was offered an install of CS6, which would be great if I was working on 5 year old projects.

I'm not.

The icing on the cake?  I don't even have the option of 2018!  It's not visible at all.  Numerous re-installations, reboots and signing in and out has gotten us nowhere.  Adobe support spent 4 hours remoted in and couldn't fix a thing.

We.are.not.your.beta.testers

#resolveislookingprettygoodrightaboutnow

Please bookmark Download Creative Cloud apps that was referenced by Martin Baker in post #2. As the older versions will be made available on this page in addition to the Creative Cloud desktop app.

If I could put down my bullhorn of rage for a moment, might I suggest you add the actual point release information to that page when multiple versions become available?  Could you pass that on?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Guys, this may help:

How to Access, Roll Back or Update to Any Version of Adobe CC Apps

You should be able to reinstall any release (including point versions) up through CC 2015.x...

Unfortunately, at that point, it becomes spotty, because Adobe has not yet made available the proper links for all the CC 2017 apps. However, many of the 2017.0 releases are available through there.

We have to continue to push Adobe to make all recent installers available for cases such as these! (It's not Jeff's fault,

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CloudDisaster I am sorry that you have been facing multiple installation difficulties with Premiere Pro applications.  Do you have a case number from your interaction with our support team that I can reference?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unless you can provide direct links to both 11.0.2 and 11.1.2 (or a fully-functional closed caption capable 12) you won't be of much help I'm afraid. 

But I suppose if you're curious: 0189404979

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks CloudDisaster.  I am showing case 0189404979 is open and pending your response.  If you have an immediate need for the older version then I would recommend you update your support case so that alternate arrangements can be made.  You can find information on how to update your support case at View Adobe Support cases .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too would like a weblink to get to the Premiere CC 11 (2017) installer files. A coworker who shares my workstation blanket upgraded all the CC apps to 2018, opting not to keep previous versions, and I've got a project four days from completion that is committed to CC 2017. I've been unable to find the CC 2017 installer in 15 minutes of tooling around the Adobe site.

I thought we were assured that previous versions would always be available to us. It's upsetting that I'm going to have to either work from my home computer, or wait until someone else finishes up here for the day so I can jump on their computer, in order to get this project finished. What the heck is going on with the Premiere team? This is the 2nd crisis I've faced over premiere in less than 9 months- the first being that little bug that wiped 14tb of our shared data server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to agree with Clouddisaster about the absurdity of this current situation. I upgraded to CC 2017 on Tuesday, but found out my video driver/ graphics card is no longer supported on new editions of Premiere Pro CC. I have a 2012 Macbook, bought new in January of 2013…

In other words, I won’t be able to use Adobe Premiere Pro 2018 without buying a new computer, so I need to go back to my previous edition.

I found out that the next available previous edition goes all the way back to Premiere CC 7.0 (2013).  I can't install this because A) My OS (High Sierra) has a QuickTime bundle that doesn't work with that old of a version of Premiere,
and B) even if i could get the 2013 version working, all my projects I am currently working on wouldn't be able to load because of the regressed software.

Right now I am in a horrible purgatory between having software that is too new for Premiere CC 7.0, and hardware that is too old for Premiere Pro 12.0 (the newest update).

Which leaves my options as:

1. Adobe gives us the ability to download all prior versions of Premiere, just like all the other CC applications. OR
  2. Get a new computer.

My preference here should be obvious.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guys, this may help:

How to Access, Roll Back or Update to Any Version of Adobe CC Apps

You should be able to reinstall any release (including point versions) up through CC 2015.x...

Unfortunately, at that point, it becomes spotty, because Adobe has not yet made available the proper links for all the CC 2017 apps. However, many of the 2017.0 releases are available through there.

We have to continue to push Adobe to make all recent installers available for cases such as these! (It's not Jeff's fault, as he has been working to help get these published.)

But at this stage of Creative Cloud's development, it is simply unacceptable for customers to not have a way to roll back to their previous versions, or any version for that matter (especially with the DVA tools). There is too great a possibility that people will get stuck or stranded, exactly what's happening now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, ProDesignTools!

Here's a direct link to to the 2017 versions for anyone like me who just needs to get back to work:
Download Creative Cloud apps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, this is a lifesaver!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And therein lies the rub.

Sadly the Premiere version they've provided is a fully patched 11.1.2 with a known bug affecting closed captioning.  *slow clap*

We have to continue to push Adobe to make all recent installers available for cases such as these! (It's not Jeff's fault, as he has been working to help get these published.)

It's not Jeff's fault--agreed.  He's proved a decent enough punching bag though... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just spent the last hour thinking I'd lost my mind, the only versions of Premiere are from half a decade ago? I just bought a new MacBook Pro and need to install V11 to keep working. I've paid full price membership since day 1 and now I am unable to get the software I pay for? Please tell me this will be fixed ASAP!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2017 Dec 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help! need to 11.0 version and cant find it either. its the 11.1.2 is the earliest build i could find!

Massive problems with the lumetri panel and the color grade going from the those 2 builds!

anyone have a link?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nick, the offline installers for that major release are here:

Adobe CC 2017 Direct Download Links: The Creative Cloud 2017 Release

However, the only version of Premiere Pro that can be found is 11.1.4 – and as of this writing, Adobe has not made any other minor revisions available...

In fact, the company has lately been taking down many older releases of Premiere all together – see:

Prior major releases of Premiere, Audition, Prelude and AME have been removed

Sorry that the news isn't better, but the holes have gotten large and hopefully Adobe will backfill some of those missing versions!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for the reply- unfortunately doesnt help.

CMON ADOBE! GET US A LINK! my entire color correction on a 40 min film has been messed up! need to export!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 09, 2018 Jan 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought this had been solved...? It's been MONTHS. WATF, Adobe. I need to install Premiere 2017.1.2 for OSX; Creative Cloud will only let me do 9.0 or 11.1.4? STILL?!? Man, get your stuff together, Adobe... This juvenile — match with Dolby is ridiculous.

Does anyone have an installer for 11.1.2?

Moderator Warning: Please do not use profanity. It is against community guidelines. Keep in mind that minors are reading this forum, so please consider their well being when posting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 10, 2018 Jan 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Derjis, unfortunately you can't get Premiere Pro CC 2017.1.2 any longer, due to the licensing issue with Dolby... CC 2017.1.4 is that same version, but with the Dolby codec removed.

However, despite any legal or licensing issues that neither company is discussing, there is absolutely nothing preventing Adobe from restoring availability (without Dolby included) to all other previous versions of Premiere Pro that were removed.

If there is enough customer outcry and demand, there is no technical reason that they couldn't do the same for prior releases of Premiere Pro, including all of the CC 2015 and 2014 versions (e.g., 10.4, 9.0, 8.0) which are now completely gone.

For more information and details, and to share your feedback, please see this related Forums post:

Prior major releases of Premiere, Audition, Prelude and AME have been removed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply, ProDesignTools​. That's some straight-up —, right there. If I were a betting man, I'd say that the likelihood of Adobe actually listening to any sort of customer feedback is pretty much nil...  😕

If anyone happens to have the installer kicking around, please shoot me a DM!

Moderator Warning: Do not use profanity, even if only implied, misspelled, etc. We have minors reading this forum, so keep that in mind.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You could be right, but OTOH, Adobe has absolutely listened to customers in the past, and changed course when it has helped out enough people and/or fixed a recurring problem.

So hoping for the best here and that they'll do the right thing and spend a little time to bring back the previous releases because customers have always been promised that they could use any CC version that they wanted or needed to.

Even Adobe's own Kevin-Monahan​ has preached on the critical importance of being able to maintain and use multiple different versions of Premiere Pro so that you can open your older .prproj files in the exact same releases of Premiere that created them:

Updating and backing up project files: Best practices

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines