Exit

omkeyz

New Here ,
Sep 16, 2022 Sep 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found this
[link removed]

is this a legal alternative (OEM?) or should adobe come down on these people like a ton of bricks?

TOPICS
New user

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Sep 17, 2022 Sep 17, 2022

i'm not sure that's a security issue. i think the link at page bottom here is the more appropriate place to report that website:  http://www.adobe.com/genuine.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Sep 25, 2022 Sep 25, 2022

the website is down so someone probably reported it.  thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 16, 2022 Sep 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for asking, that is not legal. There is no such thing, like a Master Collection 2022. There is no such thing like a perpetual licence, and especially not at this price.

I will edit out the link.

You should report this site to Adobe. https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/security/alertus.html

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 17, 2022 Sep 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'm not sure that's a security issue. i think the link at page bottom here is the more appropriate place to report that website:  http://www.adobe.com/genuine.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2022 Sep 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, well... I'm not an employee of Adobe. I do not see why its my task to report specific websites that sell their software for a cheaper price. Unless Adobe pays me for my time I think they can do their own legal tasks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's not your legal responsibility to do anything, but then there's no point in posting here. 

people typically do the right thing (eg, reporting a crime) because they feel a moral responsibility to do so, not because they're obligated or paid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I were to witness a crime, I would report it to the appropriate authority.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 25, 2022 Sep 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the website is down so someone probably reported it.  thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reported it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not see why its my task to report specific websites that sell their software for a cheaper price. Unless Adobe pays me for my time I think they can do their own legal tasks

By @richards81333613

Adobe does their own legal tasks. It's just a kind of courtesy. It's somewhat like watching a scammer take money out of an old lady's pocket. The injured party is not only Adobe, but also the uninformed buyer who thinks he's getting a good deal, only to find out that the software doesn't work and/or is virus-infected. That's not exactly an attitude worthy of a responsible fellow citizen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If an old lady is being scammed, yes.. I will report it. Been reporting scams on Facebook is almost a daily task for me.

Protecting the finances of a major software company that has overpriced products you can no longer buy but have to pay absurd amounts every month and have their own extensive legal departments is not on my list of "poor people about to be scammed out of their life savings".

Sorry if that sounds silly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ok @richards81333613, i think everyone can decide for themselves what kind of person you are. 

locking this thread for obvious reasons.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By @kglad

That link is part of this my linked page too:

Abambo_0-1664121956436.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Abambo, i see now.  thanks for the info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines