• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements 2019 Won't Install on Windows 11 Release

Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2021 Oct 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop Elements 2019 won't install on Windows 11 public release. It thinks I'm using an outdated Windows version. Compatiblity modes don't work. I get the following message consistantly...

elements-error.png

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 05, 2021 Oct 05, 2021

Try solution posted at https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-elements-discussions/windows-11/td-p/12433446#M73649

Solution says:

"You need to install Adobe Creative Cloud first. Adobe Creative Cloud download Once you install the cloud desktop, proceed with your Elements install."

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If that old program won't install you need to tell Microsoft

Adobe did not change the program, so the Microsoft update is the cause of the problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try solution posted at https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-elements-discussions/windows-11/td-p/12433446#M73649

Solution says:

"You need to install Adobe Creative Cloud first. Adobe Creative Cloud download Once you install the cloud desktop, proceed with your Elements install."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh my... so someone who bought the serial number Photoshop Elements because they didn't want to install the Cloud now must go ahead and install the Cloud to be able to use their serial number program

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I was pretty surprised by that too @John T Smith.

I do wonder why a missing Cloud desktop app triggers a browser/operating system unsupported message from the Adobe installer though. This gets curiouser and curiouser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 13, 2021 Oct 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Resolved - Installed Adobe Creative Cloud, then resumed Photoshop Elements 2019 setup with success.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2021 Nov 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At $52 dollars per month Adobe Creative Cloud is too expensive unless one is doing it professionally.  I want a cheaper option for someone who uses photoshop to tweak photos on occasion. I thought about changing to cheaper or free photo programs, but I like the rectangular marquee for cropping photos.  I have never found another program that has that feature. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If all you use is Photoshop the special photograpy plan is only about $10 per month

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But would that work with windows 11?  I saved money just buying the program (photoshop 2019) because I don't use it that much. I would eventually buy it subscription if I had to maybe, but I don't use any other programs in the creative cloud nor do I want to use them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Win11 is very new and some people are having problems... if what you have now works, why change?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 21, 2022 Aug 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will have to use windows 11 eventually, but the plan is $20 a month and its too expensive for a non profession person who just wants to make minor cropping with the Rectangular Marquee. Most people would not even bother but I like to cut away excess background to make the object for sale look better in the photo. Any other thing I could do with a different program. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was wrong at first I saw 20 dollars but I found a different link that shows only $9.99 which is ok, I guess, but I really need to reduce my subscriptions to things. It seems like I could wait and edit a lot of photos once a year by buying a month worth? https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/plans.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Re: The posts about Photoshop Elements- Apparently now you need an Account with Adobe and install the Creative Cloud Desktop App. An 'Account' is free. The CC Desktop App is free. Photoshop Elements only requires the purchase price paid to continue using.

Note: The Photography Plan 20GB  is the $9.99/m plan that includes- (Full version) Photoshop, Lightroom-Classic, Lightroom, Lightroom for mobile devices, etc.

Note: The Photography Plan (and Lightroom Plan) is for a 12months subscription commitment. You cannot "buy a month worth"!

If you cancel a 12month plan there are penalty fees to pay (50% of remaining Year).

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DISCUSSION CLOSED - Correct solution already given--install Adobe Creative Cloud first before installing Photoshop Elements 2019. Download Creative Cloud 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 27, 2022 Feb 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried this. Downloaded Adobe Creative Cloud twice and neither Photoshop Elements 2019 or Premier Elements 2019 will install. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 27, 2022 Feb 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're running a modern Mac with Catalina, Big Sur or Monterey then it will never work due to the 32 bit installer used in Elements 2019. The new Mac operating systems only run 64 bit installers.

Otherwise, this is the first report I've seen in these forums where this has not worked on Windows 10 or 11.

Which operating system? Any error messages?

Have you tried uninstalling everything, including using the Cloud Cleaner Tool. Then tried reinstalling starting with the Cloud desktop app?

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/elements-installation-error-CC-cleaner-tool.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 06, 2022 Mar 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running Windows 11 with 64 bit.  Have downloaded both the Adobe Photoshop and Elements 2019 exe files from Adobe. When I try to install, I get the following error consistently:

Update required

Your browser or operating system is no longer supported. You may need to install the latest updates to your operating system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only way round it is to first install the Cloud desktop app. Then install 2019.

You said earlier you've already tried that but it was unsuccessful?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used the Adobe cleaner tool to unistall everything. Then reinstalled Creative Cloud. When I used the Open Sync Folder funtion found under the File tab at the top of the page, I was able to locate and install the Premier and Photoshop setup files and install the programs.  So finally, I am able to have access to the programs.  Thanks for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2022 Jul 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of the cloud stuff worked for us. What did work was downloading the 2021 installer then clicking on start free trial then going back and downloading the 2019 installer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2022 Aug 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me too.  Thank you!  The Creative Cloud solution was a bust, as I could never get Photoshop Elements or Premier Elements to show up as an option.  Woo hoo! Back in business now! :Thanks! :-)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2022 Aug 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly, I was mistaken.  This did not work either. It went ahead and installed PSE 2022, which I do not want. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines