• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems with reinstalling Photoshop elements 8 on a new computer

New Here ,
Oct 14, 2022 Oct 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Adobe Photoshop elements 8 on a disc and I have bought a new computer and wanted to install it there. It was successful but later the computer failed to start so I had to backout every updates so I lost my installation. I then tried to install it again an I enter my serial number and the installation process starts. After some time I get an error message: An error occured during the installation of assembly component (63E949F6-03BC-5C40-A01F-C8B3B9A1E18E) HRESULT: 0x80070091. Then it starts to backout the istallation. I have googled the code 0x80070091 and as I understand it says that it couldn't delete a folder because it was not empty but I don't know which folder.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please Consider including the following in your question:

• Operating system and version number
  • The full text of any error message (s)
  • Computer hardware, such as CPU; GPU; the amount of RAM; etc

Thanks. The above info will help to solve your problem.

PS Elements 8 is a 13year old program and not compatible with the new operating systems. It seems that could be the problem.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac or Windows?

IF Windows

Two ideas that MAY work to install and/or run old programs in Windows 10 or Windows 11
-RIGHT click the program icon or EXE and select a compatibility mode in the pop up option window
-and/or select Run as Administrator to assign FULL Windows permissions
-also https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/create-local-administrator-account-windows.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'm assuming your new computer is compatible with pse 8  (and therefore the answers to @AxelMatt 's questions won't reveal a problem),  because you've already installed it once on the same computer.  now, you need to properly uninstall (if that wasn't already done) and, from your description, you need to "clean" before reinstalling.

so, start here and follow the steps carefully, https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/elements-installation-error-CC-cleaner-tool.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used the cleaner tool but it didn't solve my problem. I couldn't see Photoshop elements 8 in the product list but I chose the product I thougt it might be. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how did you remove pse 8?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't remove it. I lost it when the computer wouldn't start. I had to go back to a restart point and I lost all programs that I had installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you restored your computer to a time prior to the pse 8 install?

if so, installing again should proceed the same as the first time unless there's a problem with the restore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2022 Oct 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the restore process left some files that stop the installing now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you know which number I should use in the product list for the clean up program to clean up Photoshop elements 8?

There was an alternative that said All but I did not try that because I had to uninstall Acrobat Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

restore should leave nothing installed/added after the date restored.

you should restore again and carefully pick a date prior to the pse 8 installation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I made the restore there was only one point. 

I have now searched for folders and files with the name adobe and deleted. Now the installation process comes a bit longer, it puts the icon on the desktop but then it stops with the same error message. I think I must look for more folders to delete.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

restore again and retry installing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2022 Oct 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't management to fix it. I hade to by a new version of PSE. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 22, 2022 Oct 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ok.  hopefully, you'll get lots of use from your new pse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines