Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"This app can't run on this device"

Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I'm trying to install CS5.5 on a windows 10 surface pro 7 and get the following message : 

valou007_0-1645167144293.png

Any idea on how to get around this? I tried different compatibility modes without any luck. I'm confused because I installed it without any issues on my own computer which also runs windows 10 and I'm now worried that the machine is just unable to run the softwares from CS5.5...

Note : I can't update the OS as I am trying out a friend's computer to see if I switch from my old laptop to a surface pro 7 myself but if installing my software is now impossible I will definitely reconsider!

Alternatively, anyone else have a surface pro 7 with CS5.5 running on it? Is it just too heavy for this type of machine? 

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Feb 18, 2022 Feb 18, 2022

I assume you mean CS6 (not CS5.5) since the screenshot shows CS6.

Exactly which version and build of Windows 10 is that Surface Pro running?

Previous discussions have suggested various workarounds to get CS6 installed on Win 10

https://community.adobe.com/t5/download-install-discussions/can-t-install-cs6-on-computer-with-windows-10/td-p/8431143

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Feb 19, 2022 Feb 19, 2022

I ended up trying a few of the solutions proposen on the link you shared and disabling  Memory Integrity did the trick!!

I thank you all for the help šŸ™‚

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 18, 2022 Feb 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Try disabling the Program Compatibility Assistant service, you can enable it again once done

https://reviewsapp.org/turn-off-program-compatibility-assistant-windows-10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
I tried it and unfortunately that doesn't fix it... Thank you for the suggestion tho!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume you mean CS6 (not CS5.5) since the screenshot shows CS6.

Exactly which version and build of Windows 10 is that Surface Pro running?

Previous discussions have suggested various workarounds to get CS6 installed on Win 10

https://community.adobe.com/t5/download-install-discussions/can-t-install-cs6-on-computer-with-windo...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 
I am really talking about CS5.5 and not CS6... I have NO IDEA why the message says CS6. I noticed it too but I have no clue. the files I already had for installation on my old computer are for CS5.5 and I redownloaded them from the adobe website when the ones I had didn't work (still for CS5.5).

The windows version is 10.0.19043 Build 19043

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try running SFC scan and then try to install with compatibility mode:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/use-the-system-file-checker-tool-to-repair-missing-or-corr...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2022 Feb 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ended up trying a few of the solutions proposen on the link you shared and disabling  Memory Integrity did the trick!!

I thank you all for the help šŸ™‚

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

yes, disable memory integrity also works for me, thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines