• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cloud Desktop App is blank?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 07, 2013 Jul 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just updated the cloud desktop app and now it loads blank. I can't sign in or download programs anymore. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling it and still nothing. 

How do I fix this?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 08, 2013 Jul 08, 2013

Rename the opm.db file.

1. Close the Creative Cloud application if it's running.
  2. Navigate to the OOBE folder.
    Windows: [System drive]:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Adobe\OOBE
    Mac OS: /User/<username>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE folder
  3. Rename the opm.db file to opm_old.db
  4. Launch Creative Cloud

Ankit

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 107 Replies 107
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2014 Jun 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please see post: Re: creative cloud is blank window why?

I had to delete the OOBE folder in Common files and then it worked after reinstalling

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 20, 2014 Jun 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of these have helped me yet. (Mac OS X Mavericks)

CreativeCloud just shows the blue spinner, but otherwise is blank.

I have no way to upgrade.   Of course, with CC being as fudged up as it sounds like it is, I don't think I want to upgrade yet until more issues are fixed.
But it would be nice if CC was *working* so I eventually got the choice!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 21, 2014 Jun 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI... I went into Photoshop and chose the Updates menu there. It tried to open the old style Update Manager.

* It was THERE that I was told update manager was missing or corrupt and that I needed to download and install.

I did that, and re-started CC .... ..... IT WORKED!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2014 Jun 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2014 Jul 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks!

i can't get to the library folder though. I hear it is invisible. Any thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 09, 2014 Jul 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i can't get to the library folder though. I hear it is invisible. Any thoughts?

On a Mac, right?  Go to any Finder window and click on the Go menu, and a list of folders will drop down.

Press and hold the Option key and a new item "Library" will appear.  This is your user's Library folder.

Alternatively, from the Go menu, choose "Go to folder..." and go directly to "/Library" for the root Library dir, or to "~/Library" for your user's Library dir.

I know there's another way to show the Library folder, and some apps will display hidden folders, etc... but these are the easiest without modifying your system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2014 Aug 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally! After perusing the forums, this worked for me! I have Mavericks and the easiest way to find the elusive opm.db file (which I couldn't locate for hours) is opening your Finder, clicking on the "Go" menu at the top of your screen, holding the option key (the library folder should appear), clicking the library folder, then Application Support, then Adobe, then OOBE...

...THAT'S finally where I found the opm.db file! Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2014 Aug 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2015 Feb 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome. A tech solution that actually worked!! Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2014 Aug 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you SO MUCH! brothermaumau you are the best! Your directions helped me find the opm.db file and then the overall solution worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2014 Aug 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PANNELLO CREATIVE CLOUD BIANCO

Sistema operativo Windows 7 Professionale

Ho effettuato il rename del file opm.db file in opm_old.db come indicato ma non ho risolto il problema.

Paolo Frediani (Firenze - Italy)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2014 Aug 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PANNELLO CREATIVE CLOUD BIANCO

Sistema operativo Windows 7 Professionale

Ho effettuato il rename del file opm.db file in opm_old.db come indicato ma non ho risolto il problema.

Ho provato a eliminare la cartella OOBE, ma non ho risolto il problema.

Ho provato a eliminare anche le cartelle AAMUpdate re AAMUpdaterInventory, ma non ho risolto il problema.

Paolo Frediani (Firenze - Italy)

PANEL CREATIVE CLOUD WHITE

Operating System Windows 7 Professional

I did rename the file in the file opm.db opm_old.db as indicated but I have not solved the problem.

I tried to delete the folder OOBE, but I have not solved the problem.

I tried to delete the folders AAMUpdate re AAMUpdaterInventory, but I have not solved the problem.

Paul Frediani (Florence - Italy)

PROBLEMA RISOLTO!!!!

1) chiudere CC

2) disinstallare CC utilizzando ACToolMain.exe

3) rinominare la cartella OOBE in OOBE_old

4) collegarsi al sito Adobe con le proprie credenziali

5) scaricare nuovamente la versione 'prova'

6) avviare CC appena installato

7) andare nei settaggi e togliere la spunta all'avvio automatico e all'opzione di sincronizzazione dei files

8) chiudere CC

9) riavviare il PC

10) aprire CC

11) scaricare Ps CC

12) avviare Ps

13) chiudere Ps

14) riavviare il PC

PROBLEM SOLVED !!!!

1) close CC

2) uninstall CC using ACToolMain.exe

3) rename the folder OOBE in OOBE_old

4) connect to the Adobe site with their credentials

5) re-download the version of 'evidence'

6) start the newly installed CC

7) go into the settings and uncheck the option at startup and automatic synchronization of files

8) close CC

9) restart the PC

10) open CC

11) Ps CC download

12) Ps start

13) Ps close

14) restart the PC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2014 Aug 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have encountered similar issues. We operate in an enterprise environment and users are not local administrators on their computers. I have tried all the recommended fixes, to no avail. After spending hours working with Adobe support, I was told that if the users did not have local adminstrative rights on their computers (Windows7 sp1), that creative cloud would not work. Funny thing though, it was working about 3-4 weeks ago. This failure all started after a required creative cloud update.

Following this thread in hopes that someone with have an actual fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 02, 2014 Sep 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If on Mac (Mavericks) and non of the above work: check the Sharing & Permissions (cmd-I) setting on the Application folder. This was wrong on a brandnew MacBook Pro, no Read & Write for admin (group). I correctid this (after correcting te settings, choose 'Apply to enclosed items…' from the cog wheel).

Now I have a non-blank and working Creative Cloud window again.

PS

This happened too after migrating a user to a new Mac, using Migration Assistant. BTW Adobe CS5 programs did work after this, only Adobe CC didn't and couldn't uninstall. Got the advice to download a new 'Adobe Application Manager', aka Creative Cloud which immediately gave the same error. Might also be because of incorrect (to strict) permission settings.

PS2

I thew away every folder metioned above (OOBE from user/library and /Library and the AAMUpdater, etc.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2014 Sep 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For those having trouble accessing the OOBE folder you must first click on Finder found on the bottom of your screen on the left hand side. Now when you have that selected on the very top of your screen you will see GO appear, you will then press GO TO and type in: ~/Library yes that includes the "~/" from there you will be able to access Application Support and Adobe and finally the OOBE folder. Now I just finished getting help from adobe via Chat and instead of having me rename the file they asked me to move it to the trash and EMPTY  trash. If it doesn't allow you to empty it it means you still have an Adobe app open so go to the search bar and type Activity Monitor and you will be able to see everything that's running and "x" close them out and then retry emptying trash. Hope that helps and if not, just open a chat with 'em they'll resolve your issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2015 May 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me - very helpful, thanks (Mac / Mavericks 10.9.5)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2014 Sep 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot find the opm.db in the OOBE Folder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2015 Jul 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check out my comment. Might help out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If that does not work. What next?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running Windows 7 and Adobe CC was working fine 2 days ago but I had to reboot my computer and now since then I can't get it to work anymore. Getting the blank screen and have tried all the recommendations several times. Any other possible solutions to this problem? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2014 Sep 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that was the solution!

thanks

kl

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2014 Oct 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guys - I spent a day messing around with this. Tried everything around renaming / deleting OOBE etc and got nowhere. I found one suggestion on another forum that worked like a charm for me!

Here is a credible site where you can download installers for Adobe CC apps that do not require Creative Cloud Manager. When you download the app and run the installer it will ask you for your Adobe ID. It will find your CC license and install the product.

Here is the link to the site:

Adobe CC 2014 Direct Download Links: Creative Cloud 2014 Release | ProDesignTools  - Adobe CC 2014 Direct Download Links: Creative Cloud 2014 Release | ProDesignTools

According to Adobe, this is a reputable site, see here:

Re: Is ProDesignTools.com a legitimate "affiliate of Adobe Systems", as claimed?  Re: Is ProDesignTools.com a legitimate "affiliate of Adobe Systems", as claimed?

I installed Lightroom. Then after successfully installing I relaunched the Creative Cloud desktop manager and it began to work.

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 08, 2014 Oct 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

I found my oobe folder but no opm.db file there

Many thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2014 Oct 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I renamed the opm file to opm_old.db once all Adobe applications including Creative Cloud Desktop were closed. If I launch CC Desktop after this process, it just recreates another opm file and ignores the opm_old.db!

Very frustrating! I can't login to the cloud to use typekit fonts that I've previously used.

Using windows 7 Dell Ultrabook i7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2014 Oct 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi had Adobe support remotely control my computer, they still couldn't fix it. Gave it to my IT genius at the office - fixed it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines