• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Reader DC proxy popup

New Here ,
Oct 11, 2018 Oct 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, we have recently upgraded to reader DC and we are now getting a proxy popup when we go to save, print and sometimes open PDF's.  we use messagelabs for our web filtering and it's that that's blocking whatever URL it's trying to connect to.  I found this page and whitelisted all the acrobat services URL's, still the popup appeared

Adobe Creative Cloud Network Endpoints

*.acrobat.com

*.echosign.com

*.echocdn.com

*.bam.nr-data.net

*.newrelic.com

Required by Adobe Acrobat services

I re-installed adobe reader using the customisation tool, disabling all online services and features....popup was still happening.

I then installed wireshark and saw it was trying to connect to https://files.acrobat.com.  i whitelisted that URL and it's STILL appearing.  My boss is really getting on at me to get it fixed but i don't know where to turn to next.  Googling it bring up loads of people with the same issue but i can't find an answer. 

Can anyone help? anyone managed to resolve this?

thanks

TOPICS
Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

If you disabled service correctly, then cServices\bUpdater should be 0.

Check that. Lockable Settings

I'm unfamiliar with the software causing the popup, and blocking all endpoints seems a bit heavy handed. However, Acrobat endpoint config docs are here: Service and Online Feature Configuration — Enterprise Administration Guide

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you disabled service correctly, then cServices\bUpdater should be 0.

Check that. Lockable Settings

I'm unfamiliar with the software causing the popup, and blocking all endpoints seems a bit heavy handed. However, Acrobat endpoint config docs are here: Service and Online Feature Configuration — Enterprise Administration Guide

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2018 Oct 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, sorry for the late late reply, i don't seem to have a cservices reg entry

adobe.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to create it manually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 07, 2020 Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@EnterpriseHelp 
Your solution does not solve the problem. I still have the problem even with the settings (cServices\bUpdater should be 0) indicated by you. Look at the image below.
I customized Adobe Reader using the Acrobat Customization Wizard. I disabled all online services and still have the problem. O Adobe Reader DC 1900820071 continues to display the proxy poput.

marcelorebello_0-1602092606150.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the inconvenience you are facing.

Could you please share a snapshot of the home screen (after launching Reader). We want to ensure if you have any workflow files(for Review,View,Sign) in your Recents file list.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, apologies for the late reply, no nothing like that (is this the shared files you are referring to?), we don't use that function.  It also affects everyone that has it so it's a company wide thing

adobe home.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi marcelorebello. Sorry to hear about the problem.

I don't have a solution for you, but I can say that you're responding to a 2 year old post and the endpoint settings doc changes every few months. Moreover, the CC doc is not identical with the Acrobat doc. So while I don't know if the suggestion in this doc is going to help you, I do know that if it would help you'd have to be referring to the latest and correct endpoint doc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I create another topic 
This problem should not be related to Endpoints.
Obviously this is a problem of poor construction of the application because there should be a simple way to block any external connection by the options themselves.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines