Hi all, we have recently upgraded to reader DC and we are now getting a proxy popup when we go to save, print and sometimes open PDF's. we use messagelabs for our web filtering and it's that that's blocking whatever URL it's trying to connect to. I found this page and whitelisted all the acrobat services URL's, still the popup appeared
Required by Adobe Acrobat services
I re-installed adobe reader using the customisation tool, disabling all online services and features....popup was still happening.
I then installed wireshark and saw it was trying to connect to https://files.acrobat.com. i whitelisted that URL and it's STILL appearing. My boss is really getting on at me to get it fixed but i don't know where to turn to next. Googling it bring up loads of people with the same issue but i can't find an answer.
Can anyone help? anyone managed to resolve this?
If you disabled service correctly, then cServices\bUpdater should be 0.
Check that. Lockable Settings
I'm unfamiliar with the software causing the popup, and blocking all endpoints seems a bit heavy handed. However, Acrobat endpoint config docs are here: Service and Online Feature Configuration — Enterprise Administration Guide
Hi, sorry for the late late reply, i don't seem to have a cservices reg entry
You have to create it manually.
Your solution does not solve the problem. I still have the problem even with the settings (cServices\bUpdater should be 0) indicated by you. Look at the image below.
I customized Adobe Reader using the Acrobat Customization Wizard. I disabled all online services and still have the problem. O Adobe Reader DC 1900820071 continues to display the proxy poput.
Sorry for the inconvenience you are facing.
Could you please share a snapshot of the home screen (after launching Reader). We want to ensure if you have any workflow files(for Review,View,Sign) in your Recents file list.
Hi, apologies for the late reply, no nothing like that (is this the shared files you are referring to?), we don't use that function. It also affects everyone that has it so it's a company wide thing
Hi marcelorebello. Sorry to hear about the problem.
I don't have a solution for you, but I can say that you're responding to a 2 year old post and the endpoint settings doc changes every few months. Moreover, the CC doc is not identical with the Acrobat doc. So while I don't know if the suggestion in this doc is going to help you, I do know that if it would help you'd have to be referring to the latest and correct endpoint doc.
I create another topic
This problem should not be related to Endpoints.
Obviously this is a problem of poor construction of the application because there should be a simple way to block any external connection by the options themselves.