Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC sync shutting down oct 2024??

Community Beginner ,
Jul 27, 2023 Jul 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Starting October 1, 2024

We will begin discontinuing the Creative Cloud content synchronization process as well as synced file and folder sharing, and permanently remove the cloud-based copies of files for users. We will begin discontinuing Creative Cloud Synced files for business customers. Assets in the local Creative Cloud Files folder on user devices will no longer be synchronized with Creative Cloud storage. User files will remain in their local Creative Cloud Files folder. Folders and assets previously shared from Creative Cloud Synced files will no longer be accessible to others including inside your organization as well as externally.

Note that users may not see these changes right away as we roll out the process gradually.

So, what the hell does this mean? What are you replacing this with? How will team projects in AE still function? How will remote teams function? What does this mean? This email, which is very alarming, has zero explanation.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Aug 04, 2023 Aug 04, 2023

Hi @adamlach ,

Creative Cloud Libraries is not being discontinued and will continue to function as before. It is the Creative Cloud files sync that is being discontinued.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I second this. Will libraries still work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2023 Jul 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This exactly my question. That would be a big problem because it would kill this whole team and across app exprience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They should work. The Adobe e-mail refers to the files in the local "Creative Cloud Files" folder, the one that sync across devices like any Dropbox folder would do. This is nevertheless a huge and totally unexpected setback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 04, 2023 Aug 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @adamlach ,

Creative Cloud Libraries is not being discontinued and will continue to function as before. It is the Creative Cloud files sync that is being discontinued.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 06, 2023 Aug 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you guys at Adobe actually thought about other workflows, like combining Adobe files with game engines? As someone who works a lot with Adobe tools in combination with Unreal Engine, it doesn't help me at all if I can no longer save the files created in Adobe locally, but as a cloud document. It may be helpful if you only use Adobe tools, but as soon as you combine Adobe tools with other tools to create a workflow, you need local storage methods. Local file sync was the perfect way to do just that, to combine work between Adobe tools and other tools and bring them together in a cloud. Now, if that local file sync goes away, there's no reason for me to continue using Adobe. Then I can also use Affinity + Dropbox.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand that you can still save files created with Adobe Tools locally. However, as a game developer, I don't benefit from the cloud document service that I'm still paying Adobe for. On the contrary, I'm being asked to pay for something I can't use because Cloud documents are not stored locally (and thus can be re-imported into other programs). There is no reason for me to pay for Cloud Documents and at the prices Adobe charges, I want to be able to use every feature I pay for. Affinity + Dropbox are far cheaper here and will be far more useful for my purposes with game engine work.

Translated with <link removed-kglad>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Piontek 

and i'd venture to guess that most all apps subscribers don't use all the desktop apps. or portfolio.  or the all the mobile apps. or their stock allotment.  so what?

p.s. don't include extraneous links.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adam - Creative Cloud Libraries is not impacted by the discontinuation of Creative Cloud Sycned Files.  Cloud documents and Frame.io are similarly unimpacted by this change. You can read more detail about this announcement in this HelpX article.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adding my name as this is something we heavily use inside and outsdie the organization.  And shared libraries is something we utilizie constantly.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there - chiming in to make sure it's clear that Creative Cloud Libraries is not impacted by the discontinuation of Creative Cloud Sycned Files.

Adobe offers a number of cloud-based solutions for sharing creative files in addition to the Creative Cloud Synced File Service that will be discontinued. These alternatives include Cloud documents, Libraries, and Frame.io - all of which are included in most Creative Cloud subscriptions. 

You can read more detail about this announcement in this HelpX article.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Absolutely. What are we going to get for our money? Software full of glitches; inconsistent menus, commands and shortcuts across the three CC base applications; creative nothing; cloud without the cloud. Is something planned by way of replacement? I have two users who constantly share files, plus home-based working. Fonts next, now that none of your software supports the fonts that we've bought?  This is very alarming. Thanks Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also Pantone Colours are no longer supported and subs have gone up!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Casey.Fallon 

from where did you get that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Email from Adobe. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An email from mail@mail.adobe.com "Discontinuation of Creative Cloud Synced files"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i didn't get that.

are you in the usa?

do you have an individual subscription?

did you any checking to see if the email might be a spoof?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was sent to Adobe Teams plan administrators.  I don't think it's been distributed to all customers yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

then that may only apply to adobe team plans.  or it may apply to some (or the rest) of us later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have a team plan and got the email.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@HNC273928088315 

do you have an individual subscription?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess so - whatever the basic option is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there - due to the large audience of Creative Cloud users to be notified about the discontinuation of Creative Cloud Synced files, all personal users on an individual plan are receiving the operational email announcement on a rolling basis over the next several weeks. Team and enterprise admins have all been sent the operational email announcement as of the time of my reply here - August 6, 2023.

You can find more detail about this announcement here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If cloud libraries are being discontinued, the least they can do is allow us to download the libraries and stick them in the links folder. And support the opening source files without having to relink anything. I have thousands of library links. You can't expect us to manually relink all of that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adam - chiming in to make sure it's clear that Creative Cloud Libraries is not impacted by the discontinuation of Creative Cloud Sycned Files.

You can read more detail about this announcement in this HelpX article.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines