Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC sync shutting down oct 2024??

Community Beginner ,
Jul 27, 2023 Jul 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Starting October 1, 2024

We will begin discontinuing the Creative Cloud content synchronization process as well as synced file and folder sharing, and permanently remove the cloud-based copies of files for users. We will begin discontinuing Creative Cloud Synced files for business customers. Assets in the local Creative Cloud Files folder on user devices will no longer be synchronized with Creative Cloud storage. User files will remain in their local Creative Cloud Files folder. Folders and assets previously shared from Creative Cloud Synced files will no longer be accessible to others including inside your organization as well as externally.

Note that users may not see these changes right away as we roll out the process gradually.

So, what the hell does this mean? What are you replacing this with? How will team projects in AE still function? How will remote teams function? What does this mean? This email, which is very alarming, has zero explanation.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Aug 04, 2023 Aug 04, 2023

Hi @adamlach ,

Creative Cloud Libraries is not being discontinued and will continue to function as before. It is the Creative Cloud files sync that is being discontinued.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 01, 2023 Aug 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you get on that TEAMS call feel free to ask about Adobe's longterm plan for file sycing.

By @TJMakesVideo

Will do. I'm supposed to join a client in our region with Adobe Team (UK) next Monday. I will make a record of your request and report back here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use the Creative Cloud Synced Files feature for projects where the work with Adobe programs interacts with other programs, it also serves as a file backup in case a hard drive breaks, and I share important files with my team via Creative Cloud. It's one of the most important features Creative Cloud has to offer. If this feature goes away, and the price doesn't at least go down (no announcement has been made by Adobe about this), there will be no reason for me to use Adobe anymore. Mainly I only use PS/AI/ID and for that Affinity Tools are a good alternative by now. I'm getting tired of Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was thinking about looking at Affinity before. With how poor Adobe support has alwasy been, and now "improving" the product by removing features, I think I will carve out some time to look deeper into this alternative. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 06, 2023 Aug 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Piontek, I am very sorry to hear about your experience and disappointment with this decision. Adobe does offer a number of cloud-based solutions for sharing creative files in addition to the Creative Cloud Synced File service that will be discontinued. These alternatives include Cloud documents, Libraries, and Frame.io - each of which are included in most Creative Cloud subscriptions. While Adobe will continue to invest in cloud-based solutions purpose-built for creative asset management and collaboration, generic file syncing is not part of that vision.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, well, general file synchronization is necessary for me when working with non-Adobe tools (like Unreal Engine) in combination with Adobe tools. A .uasset file can also be a "creative asset", but then it will no longer sync together with Adobe files. A "creative asset" which is saved/synced in the cloud doesn't help at ALL when I need it to be saved as local file to integrate it with Unreal Engine. I think it's a bit overbearing of Adobe to define what you can and can't sync and it's a big step in the wrong direction. I will cancel my Creative Cloud subscription then, because also price-wise Adobe seems to know only one direction, while the service and the definition of "Cloud" changes drastically. No more reason for me to use Adobe, I need to save and sync files LOCALLY, not in a cloud which only makes sense when it's used with other Adobe-based tools.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Casey - I am very sorry you found the email concerning. You can find more detailed information about the discontinuation of Creative Cloud synced files in this HelpX article

Creative Cloud Synced Files provides generalized cloud storage capabilities which is not directly aligned with Adobe’s goal of supporting creative collaboration. Adobe does, however, offer a number of cloud-based solutions for sharing creative files in addition to the Creative Cloud Synced File service that will be discontinued. These alternatives include Cloud documents, Libraries, and Frame.io - each of which are included in most Creative Cloud subscriptions. None of these alternatives are impacted by the discontinuation of Creative Cloud Synced Files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I want to save files locally for use in other tools (e.g. Unreal Engine) and sync them locally in Explorer/Finder so that I can connect them locally to other tools (and through the direct re-import function of other tools), it does me absolutely no good if my Adobe files no longer have to be saved locally as a Cloud Document. Adobe seems to have given very little thought to other workflows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 28, 2023 Nov 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So by removing something that for many is an essential part of their creative collaborative workflow, you are admitting in fairly plain logic, that Adobe's goal is to be less supportive of creative collaboration? Do you realize just how many file types are used across the Adobe catalogue?

Here is an experiment for you, try packing up a premiere or after effects project and then uploading the footage folder to Cloud Documents... Let me know how that goes. 

Hi Casey - I am very sorry you found the email concerning. You can find more detailed information about the discontinuation of Creative Cloud synced files in this HelpX article

Creative Cloud Synced Files provides generalized cloud storage capabilities which is not directly aligned with Adobe’s goal of supporting creative collaboration. Adobe does, however, offer a number of cloud-based solutions for sharing creative files in addition to the Creative Cloud Synced File service that will be discontinued. These alternatives include Cloud documents, Libraries, and Frame.io - each of which are included in most Creative Cloud subscriptions. None of these alternatives are impacted by the discontinuation of Creative Cloud Synced Files.

By @Kyle31203758vcjz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 11, 2023 Aug 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 12, 2023 Sep 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was freaking out too. I just finished 5 hour long migration and clean up of my synced files and reorganization to empty my sync folder. Now that nothing is syncing to the cloud, my PC is nearly as fast as when I built it - an unintended positive effect from this ridiculous news. I may be going back to Google Drive for files that don't need local backup, iCloud for videos, and Dropbox for everything else. I refuse to wait around for Adobe to give us half answers about the sync tool retirement and be caught by surprise. Hope you're able to work it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 12, 2023 Sep 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@RacerThings85 

helpful solutions/suggestions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was successful in moving off of Adobe files sync several weeks ago. I thought I'd go with Dropbox but I don't like their file handling practices. I went with OneDrive for Personal mainly because the sync client is highly advanced compared any other sync client on the market. It's fast, secure in transit and at rest, and handles nearly every file type. Best of all, it doesn't completely hose up my PC and use 100% CPU like the Adobe sync client. I also found that most of my photo editing is done on my phone and OneDrive has an auto upload feature for photos so it saves me time now. Hope everyone finds their way with all of this chaos!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I moved to Koofr, a nice European company. I grabbed their lifetime promo at 139 eur/USD for 1 TB of synched space (one time payment). It seems fast, reliable and secure. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, great to hear this. I really have issues with Adobe's quitting from file sync, as I'm using the cloud also as a kind of backup for my files. As I'm working mainly with Unreal Engine Projects, I appreciated the Creative Cloud file sync in the past. However, I think this will be my last year with Adobe, since I don't need it too much (except Indesign), but Affinity doing a great job so far with their tools. I'm wondering, what do you mean if you say "it handles 'nearly' every file type"? Are there file types which are not supported in OneDrive?

However, I can not continue with Adobe with this new cloud policy. Other solutions are way more cheaper.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The OneDrive file limitations are covered here and they are very minor:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/office/restrictions-and-limitations-in-onedrive-and-sharepoint-6...

That entire article is very helpful to understand what you're signing up for. Let me know if you have more questions about OneDrive. I use it for work and personal data daily.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 29, 2023 Nov 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@RacerThings85 I would be cautious and test OneDrive thoroughly before using for production. I've had instances where OneDrive and Teams have compressed/converted files and corrupted when you try to reopen in PS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2024 Jan 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WHYYYY!!!!????? As a professor, who bounces between work and home---this is going to cause extra work. Why do this? grrrr....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@prettylinesartist to be clear this was something OneDrive did - our company had not run any updates on our Photoshop instance and then within a few days of an MS update, the reports started coming in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

??? So are we still losing the cloud for files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@prettylinesartist yes- sorry I replied with your handle to another post. File syncing to local folder is the only aspect ending. If you use Cloud Docs like Illustrator or Photoshop (psdc example) you would be fine.

Otherwise, yes look at something comparable from another vendor for syncing local files to the cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines